Value of: Brent Seabrook

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Problem with Seabrook is you essentially need to find a trade partner with two awful contracts instead of one.

Maybe if Chicago retains 50% on Seabrook they could find a one for one swap.
That makes no sense. Then you essentially take a bad contract in return at basically the same cap hit of Seabrook if not more

You're better off attaching an asset to him to dump him in full

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
That makes no sense. Then you essentially take a bad contract in return at basically the same cap hit of Seabrook if not more

You're better off attaching an asset to him to dump him in full

What kind of asset would it take to dump him in full?

We’re into the two 1st round minimum pick territory here, likely more. I doubt that’s palatable to Chicago.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Five more years left and a full NMC to boot. Woof, this is not happening. He's a BC native so maybe he'll accept to go to Seattle but before that I can't see him getting moved anywhere.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
He has 4 years left after this current season at nearly $7M. He's not going anywhere unless CHI heavily pays another team to take him.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Would be easier to magically make Seabrook play better than it is to conjure up a trade where the Hawks don't end up with even more garbage in return.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
He has 4 years left after this current season at nearly $7M. He's not going anywhere unless CHI heavily pays another team to take him.

Except it’s closer to 5per in real money for the remainder. I suspect he either goes to Seattle or hangs them up.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
Perhaps a deal can be made with Ottawa with you involving a 1st.
Perhaps

Bobby ryan for Seabrook 20% retained, and a 1st

Something like that? I don't know man
Ryan has a NMC, though.
After this season Ottawa only has 3 signed D in Chabot, Brannstrom, and Zaitsev.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Seabrook is by far the least valuable player in the NHL. Nobody even comes close. He's a sub-replacement level player making 6.75 until he's like 39. The Hawks are stuck with him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the idea of moving Seabs should have been in the off-season. the problem is beside the pkg one will need to move Seabs, he has a contract that can not be forgotten.

second he will need to agree to the team, unless it is to a western Canada team.....

lastly the Bhawks will need to fix the ld/rd make up that the Bhawks will really be behind the 8-ball on this. this will only leave Connor Murph as the only rhd.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Does Seabrook have any incentive to waive his NMC to go from Chicago to a place like Ottawa? Chicago is likely stuck with him.

Reactions: LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->