Brent Seabrook: 8G-16A-24P in his last 32 playoff games (.75PPG)

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
Didnt realize just how good this guy is in the playoffs. He doesnt put up big numbers in the reagular seasons (career high is 48pts with 31 and 41 the past two seasons) but when the playoffs come he really is a completely different player. I do think hes one of the unheralded never talked about leaders in the locker room.

Impressive for a guy who plays in the shadows and doesnt get much attention.

Over a course of a 82 game season that would be equal to 62pts.

This guy is just a rock for the Hawks back there. Hits like a truck and solid as a bear.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Blackhawks really do up their game individually and as a team come playoff time, year in and year out.

I'm not all that fond of them, yet I can't help but respect how good and consistent they are.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Ryan McDonagh: 24 points in his last 32 playoff games.

Spade

Resident Tool
Mar 12, 2014
Digging a Hole
Ryan McDonagh: 24 points in his last 32 playoff games.

PK Subban: 26 pts in his last 34 playoff games.

Both of these guys are widely considered true number 1 defensemen and franchise players.

Brent Seabrook doesn't get the respect of either of these guys except when online hockey fans talk about less heralded defensemen in the league.

He's a great defender and could capably fill a leading role anywhere.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Both of these guys are widely considered true number 1 defensemen and franchise players.

Brent Seabrook doesn't get the respect of either of these guys except when online hockey fans talk about less heralded defensemen in the league.

True Seabrook definitely is underrated at times but he also gets to play for one (if not the most) stacked roster offensively which helps his numbers (not trying to take anything away from his numbers by any means though)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It's unreal how well the Blackhawks have been built over the past decade +.

Seabrook is Mr. Clutch(#3) for the Blackhawks when it comes to scoring big goals in the playoffs.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
That is indeed impressive, and while I'm not that into the whole "clutch" label for players, Seabrook does seem to put a lot of his points up at huge moments in games.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
I like to call him big goal Brent.

Look down the line and see how many of those goals were hugely important. That's big goal Brent.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
For all the attention Keith gets Seabrook deserves just as much. The way this guy lines up against big body threats and neutralizes them while scoring huge goals and looking unbelievable calm is ridiculous.

A defensive defender who is very physical and putting up those numbers is ridiculous if you think about it.

Toews-Kane

Seabrook-Keith

2 of the best players, if not the best, in playoffs and clutch and same for defense.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

The other to mention is that Brent Seabrook has put up those points while typically not being on the Hawks #1 PP unit.

As a Hawks fan, I wonder about your last sentence though. He really has the benefit of being the 3rd best defenseman (from a defense perspective) on the Hawks behind both Keith and Hjalmarsson. I'm not sure how he'd do if you just plugged him into the Oilers blueline and expected him to handle all the tough match-ups all the time.

Hell - when Keith won the Norris last year there were a bunch of posters here who said that it wasn't deserved because he got "sheltered" regular season minutes and Hjalmarsson/Oduya had the higher QoC.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I like to call him big goal Brent.

Look down the line and see how many of those goals were hugely important. That's big goal Brent.

I like this.

I do think the offensive side of his game is usually more subtle as he's paired with Keith but he's always just been rock solid and puts up his own goals to go with the numbers the Hawks machine produces!

pucky

Jan 11, 2011

Not comparable for another reason. Seabrook is good defensively, Subban isn't. Just because you have a good slapshot from the point on the PP doesn't make you a good dman. Seabrook is underrated and Subban is overrated. Period.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
In that stretch he also had the worst playoff series of his life (LA last year). I don't know if you could win a cup with him as your #1 guy, but I don't think there's a 2D in the league I'd rather have. Looking forward to another game 7 OT winner from him on Saturday

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's unreal how well the Blackhawks have been built over the past decade +.

Seabrook is Mr. Clutch(#3) for the Blackhawks when it comes to scoring big goals in the playoffs.

The Blackhawks have their core 7 guys that were on the 2010 team still. I saw tweet that the other 3 teams have a combined 8 guys that were on the team in 2010.

SLarmer28*

Chicago Blackhawks core players for the 2015-16 NHL Season:

Forwards
Hossa
Toews
Kane

Defenseman
Keith
Seabrook
Hjalmarsson

Goaltender
Crawford

Unheralded:
Kruger

On the Rise:
Darling, Saad, Shaw, Teravainen

Worthless Lazy Bum:
Bryan "where's my Raanta jersey" Bickell

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Not comparable for another reason. Seabrook is good defensively, Subban isn't. Just because you have a good slapshot from the point on the PP doesn't make you a good dman. Seabrook is underrated and Subban is overrated. Period.

I like Seabrook, but watch Subban play before making comments like that.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
And a beautiful Eddie Munster style "Widows Peak". Those things automatically give him points.

nvs84l.jpg

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Points mean nothing for a defenseman.

Seabrook is awesome because of his shutdown abilities.

Goals count as a bonus only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad