Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Qubax, Nov 16, 2003.
What's this guys upside..?
PowerForward with 40 to 50 goals.....2nd 3rd liner....?
1st line winger...has the speed and will hit anything in site...
40-50 goals sound good
Burns will not score 50 goals in the NHL. Sure he was underrated coming up to the draft, due to the fact that he was a converted defenseman, but now he is so underrated by people that he is becoming overrated. Sure he hasn't yet scratched the surface of his real potential, but I don't think he is a potential 50 goal man.
Maybe 30 goals. He really reminds me of the Sabres Taylor Pyatt (who is finally coming into his own this year), they are both the same size, both great skaters, not overly physical but they are not afraid to get their noses dirty, and they both score the garbage goals in front of the net.
More like 50 points
Judging from what i have seen this year i would say 60-65 points 2 years down the road. I think about 40 this year and 50 next.
1) He's under Matt Johson's wing, he's been talking to Johnson a lot so I wouldn't be surprised to hear him learning some tips on fighting from Johnson.
2) He'll have two great playmakers, Koivu and Bouchard down the center and a handful of snipers and guys that drag defenders with them, O'Sullivan, Gaborik, Dupuis, Foy will all play opposite of him maybe...Well maybe not Sully or Foy since they are both right wingers and so is Burns. You also got Wallin who might be good with him.
3) From the information I got, he wasn't a converted defensemen. He played a year or so at defense after being moved there from a forward position.
4) This guy is extremely raw. The potential he has could be big or small just depends on how he develops. He was really eager to get back from his injury and said he wanted to test out his shoulder by hitting someone or getting hit by someone.
5) I think he'll grow another inch and add a lot more weight.
6) I like him a lot, he has a lot of energy and speed for a guy his size and really works well in the Minnesota system.
50 goals sounds wayyyy optimistic - I'm not sure even Gaborik will ever net 50. If he can become a regular 20-30 goal guy and play a good all around game, he'd be a great pick.
Anywhere close to fifty goals, and Brent Burns is the next Todd Bertuzzi. I'm sure Wild fans would love that, but I agree with other posters here, that's a bit optimisitic.
I love Brent Burns. He made me bite my toungue about the draft. Good for him.
I see him a 30-40 goal scorer. But I dont see him setting up people as much. 70 point seasons are in his reach. He's very raw. I dont know what to make of him. Could mabey not devolope any more or really shoot up. I still like him alot.
I'll say 30 goal seasons. 50 points.
i'd say 25-30 goals and 30-35 assists = 55-65 points a season .. maybe
Separate names with a comma.