Value of: Brent Burns for a forward.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I think Sharks can do with a reshuffle.

Brent Burns isnt having the prettiest year, but imo it's more a result of the team sucking. He put up 83 points just last year.

What forward could he net in a one for one?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I think Sharks can do with a reshuffle.

Brent Burns isnt having the prettiest year, but imo it's more a result of the team sucking. He put up 83 points just last year.

What forward could he net in a one for one?

He's 34 years old. The decline may be partly due to the team around him, but it's not unreasonable to attribute at least part of that to his age. He also makes 8M a year with NTC and a fair portion of those dollars as signing bonuses. You're probably not going to have much luck moving him unless whats coming back is a similar forward (older starting to decline and signed forever to a high dollar contract)

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Brent Burns for Brent Burns. Fax the paperwork!

Lmao.

In all seriousness though, moving him to forward would give them a pretty strong top 6.

Meier-Couture-Burns
Kane-Hertl-Labanc

I think that’s a pretty good top 6, the only problem being rounding out the roster. They’d have 18 million to play with, but would be stuck with a top pair of Vlasic-EK (sounds amazing just 2 years ago, not so good currently), thus need an entire second pair D, 3rd line, and a good back up. I’m not sure 18 mil does that.

It’s perplexing how that team fell off so rapidly. And what a year to do it - strong draft where they don’t have their 1st.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
Burns for Burns ahahahah classic! All funny stuff aside they need to rebuild and I have no idea who is about to dance with them... This would likely have to be a 7+ piece deal to balance $ and be fair... Bet NYR could make it happen as they have some salaries to dump and lots of prospects. Not sure I would want to see that trade happen given our RHD depth... SJ is for sure going to have to eat and eventually buyout the EK contract though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad