Injury Report: Brenden Morrow placed on IR

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Pajaarvi should be back soon but wont be ready for tomorrow, im assuming Porter gets in the lineup

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Honestly let's get used to this. I honestly don't really care though. Porter/Cracknell/Paajarvi can rotate in just fine.

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
Everyone was FREAKING out at the beginning of the season because so and so isn't playing, or this person isn't on this line. The NHL season is arguably the toughest and most grueling seasons in sports. Not many people play all 82 games, so it's important to have depth.

Brez50

Mar 18, 2013
Central Illinois
Went to practice Friday at the Ice Zone and saw both Morrow and Paajarvi practicing, so I don't think they'll be out too long. Neither looked like they were having issues.

LightSoundGeometry*

good to have depth and rotate a few players in and out once in awhile

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Early thoughts on Morrow in STL? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Decent grinder for $1m? Roster space better spent on a 22 year old?

The stats are pretty middle of the road, but his game was never totally captured in the numbers. Tonight's my first chance to watch the Blues this year ... wish he was going to be there.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Early thoughts on Morrow in STL? Good? Bad? Indifferent? Decent grinder for $1m? Roster space better spent on a 22 year old?

The stats are pretty middle of the road, but his game was never totally captured in the numbers. Tonight's my first chance to watch the Blues this year ... wish he was going to be there.

Morrow has been good. As you said, he's worth the price and has provided leadership and is worth the payment being a grinder. His skating has dropped a bit from the previous years I've seen him, and he's not playing with the point producing centers he's had experience with, but for a bottom of the lineup value, he's been worthwhile.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Actually Morrow returns tonight so you're in luck. Should be on the 4th line with Lapierre and Reaves.

He's been okay. Doesn't really have much mileage left in those legs, but on the 4th-line his grit is never a bad thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad