Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Dillon+LaBanc for Hofer+1st+?
Dude?! Just no.

1. Hofer isn’t going anywhere without a huge overpayment. He’s the type of prospect you don’t give up on, and if you’re selling high on him, you had better be winning the trade. By a lot.

2. There is absolutely no way Army is trading our 1st when Dillon or Labanc is the best player coming back.

If the price for Dillon is more than a 2nd and a prospect like Walman or Reinke then we’ll look elsewhere or fill the LD hole internally.

Reactions: Blueston

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Dude?! Just no.

1. Hofer isn’t going anywhere without a huge overpayment. He’s the type of prospect you don’t give up on, and if you’re selling high on him, you had better be winning the trade. By a lot.

2. There is absolutely no way Army is trading our 1st when Dillon or Labanc is the best player coming back.

If the price for Dillon is more than a 2nd and a prospect like Walman or Reinke then we’ll look elsewhere or fill the LD hole internally.

That’s fair. I just wasn’t exactly sure if us Blues fans were overhyping Hofer, or if he legitimately held that value.

Labanc+Dillon combined is definitely worth a first though, IMO. LaBanc has a tiny salary, and is still an RFA after the year. I’m just going off of what Coleman got yesterday.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Oof. That video of him choking up at the thought of leaving the Sharks makes me want them to just extend him instead lol.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
You guys have some pretty decent guys. Not any top tier talent but Dillon isnt going to net a first line prospect anyday of the week
We have a couple nice prospects but not many. And since we are going to be tight to cap need to keep producing guys who can play on ELC.

To me none of these rentals this year are true difference makers to me. Nice players who most teams would like to have, but at what price? If Blues play their A game we are darn good and don’t really need guy like Dillon. If Blues play like we have last several weeks, Dillon ain’t gonna be near enough to win even 1 series.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
We have a couple nice prospects but not many. And since we are going to be tight to cap need to keep producing guys who can play on ELC.

To me none of these rentals this year are true difference makers to me. Nice players who most teams would like to have, but at what price? If Blues play their A game we are darn good and don’t really need guy like Dillon. If Blues play like we have last several weeks, Dillon ain’t gonna be near enough to win even 1 series.
Fair enough, guess its up to your management to get whoever they are gonna get. If your having trouble on the pk and want physicality Dillon is your man though.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
What's the market for Dillon? What teams are looking for a physical defensive 4/5 LHD?

I've heard Vegas is looking to improve their blueline, not sure if Dillon would be a good fit for them (not even taking into account the rivalry between teams, which doesn't help the chances). Florida maybe if they aren't sellers? Possibly Edmonton if Russell is out longer term? Winnipeg would be a good fit, but doubt they are buyers. Calgary is a possibility with their injuries, but Hamonic will be back soon, and Gio should be back before the playoffs. Columbus could be a good fit, but I can't see them spending a lot after their TDL last season.

Probably missing some teams, I don't know just spitballing. Not a knock on the player, but I just don't see a particularly strong market for Dillon. He clearly loves San Jose, maybe just re-signing him is the best move.

Last edited:

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
What's the market for Dillon? What teams are looking for a physical defensive 4/5 LHD?

I've heard Vegas is looking to improve their blueline, not sure if Dillon would be a good fit for them (not even taking into account the rivalry between teams, which doesn't help the chances). Florida maybe if they aren't sellers? Possibly Edmonton if Russell is out longer term? Winnipeg would be a good fit, but doubt they are buyers. Calgary is a possibility with their injuries, but Hamonic will be back soon, and Gio should be back before the playoffs. Columbus could be a good fit, but I can't see them spending a lot after their TDL last season.

Probably missing some teams, I don't know just spitballing. Not a knock on the player, but I just don't see a particularly strong market for Dillon. He clearly loves San Jose, maybe just re-signing him is the best move.
So far we have heard Florida,Toronto,Winnipeg,Carolina,St Louis,Vegas. Calgary and Edmonton are new but maybes. Thats a decent list of teams

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I wouldn’t do Perunovich straight up for him.
I would. In a heartbeat. Our AHL affiliate situation is up in the air, and I really doubt Perunovich is going to make the jump straight from college to the NHL. At least not on the St. Louis Blues. If Perunovich doesn't have an AHL home that is to his liking, he could opt for Free Agency this summer.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Honestly, after watching his interview, I want to keep Dillon around and re-sign him. He's shown just how much he cares and they need more players like him not less. He may not be a true top 4 guy but he has some good shot suppression numbers and is one of the few physical guys on the team.

Unless a team wants to give up a 1st, I'd hang onto him and re-sign him.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I would. In a heartbeat. Our AHL affiliate situation is up in the air, and I really doubt Perunovich is going to make the jump straight from college to the NHL. At least not on the St. Louis Blues. If Perunovich doesn't have an AHL home that is to his liking, he could opt for Free Agency this summer.
This fear is overstated. We will have an AHL team. There are 31 NHL teams and 31 AHL teams. We may not like who we get but we won't be left without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->