Brenden Dillion appreciation thread

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Dillon is amazing. Great player, great speed, great size, reliable, always stuck up for team-mates. Probably one of the nicest guys, too.

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
Dillon came in and filled the physical void left by Clowe and Murray. One of the few players over the last few years that seemed to play with consistent grit and heart. I truly wish he weren’t the one going, because God knows this team isn’t going to find anyone internally to replace someone of his ilk. Thanks for everything, Dillon. I hope you win a cup and get a nice fat raise on your next contract.

Edit: grammar

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
The locker room loses another glue guy and one of the only physical players on the team. If the rumors about the locker room issues are true this is not gonna help. He seems like a good dude who can be a good influence on the young players. He'll be missed.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Dilly has been a great example of the maxim that the toughest guys on the ice are the nicest people off it. He's been great in the community, always stood up for his teammates, and always had time for the fans. After a tough loss vs. Colorado last playoffs, he stuck around signing autographs for the line of folks outside the Tank and took the time to genuinely interact with everyone rather than sticking a marker out the window and putting it in neutral. Great guy, and if we had to lose him, I'm glad it's a year where we're not in the playoffs so I can root for him to succeed without reservation. Thanks for everything, Dilly!

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
The locker room loses another glue guy and one of the only physical players on the team. If the rumors about the locker room issues are true this is not gonna help. He seems like a good dude who can be a good influence on the young players. He'll be missed.
What rumours? :sarcasm:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I always liked Brenden Dillon

I liked the trade to acquire Dillon

I liked the contract he signed here

I like the trade to let him go

I liked him as a player

I like that he seems like a genuinely good guy

Thanks for your years Brenden, I enjoyed them

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I loved Dillon. He improved pretty much every season and I loved watching the Karlsson-Dillon pairing when we had it.
I remember there were concerns about how much his contract was, but after his second season I think most saw that he was a player worth more than his contract.

Hope he gets a cup at the Caps.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Dilly settled well into his role here and is a great guy by all accounts. It was tough seeing that post game interview yesterday, but I'm glad we got a happier interview today. Hope he does well with Washington the rest of the year. Would love to have him back at a certain price point, but he'll probably land elsewhere.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Dillon came in and filled the physical void left by Clowe and Murray. One of the few players over the last few years that seemed to play with consistent grit and heart. I truly wish he weren’t the one going, because God knows this team isn’t going to find anyone internally to replace someone of his ilk. Thanks for everything, Dillon. I hope you win a cup and get a nice fat raise on your next contract.

Edit: grammar
+1

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
Best of luck Dilly. Really improved his game over the years and became a solid dman. Also, thanks for taking a selfie with my drunk ass when I ran into you at the Britt after a game earlier this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad