Player Discussion Brendan Gaunce (Canucks will not extend qualifying offer - Dhaliwal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Gee that's exactly what everyone is doing:help:.....once again another post bringing up Gudbranson, who is a defenceman as somehow showing the worth of Gaunce. It's a deflection at best.

He has value, but it is very limited if you cannot get any offence from Gaunce.

You don’t even know what position the guy plays, for crying out f***ing loud.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Chaput has taken roughly as many faceoffs in his two games this year as Gaunce has all season.

Honestly, why is this player so high on the list of some of you? What does he provide that others do not?

Gaunce is still listed as a C on the NHL page. He played C in A.

We have some of you guys listing him as a key player on the team.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Honestly, why is this player so high on the list of some of you? What does he provide that others do not?

Gaunce is still listed as a C on the NHL page. He played C in A.

We have some of you guys listing him as a key player on the team.

Find me the posts where people list him as a key player. Who has said that?

Find me a significant-enough-to-bother-mentioning grouping of people that say this. Names. Give me five names.

This is some straight up Donald Trump bullshit. “Many people are saying that Gaunce is a Key Player. SAD!”

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Chaput was also the center for most of last year while Gaunce played LW.

Though, it's always a quick giveaway that someone doesn't watch the games when they say Gaunce is the center.

Reactions: sunnyvale420

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
It was Gaunce who gained possession of the puck in the offensive zone on the sequence that lead to Virtanen's last goal even though he wasn't credited with an assist on the play. So while he isn't the trigger man on the line, he is an important component of what has been a very effective fourth line who does contribute to offense. He is still making small, steady incremental gains in his overall game and I think he will prove to be difficult to dislodge from the niche he has carved through hard work for himself as the defensive presence at lw on the fourth line.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
My favourite part of this never-ending circle jerk is the obvious overlap between the posters who crap on analytics and tell people you need to watch the games to appreciate players, that you can't judge based on numbers, and the ones who are are telling us that Gaunce sucks because lol no goalz.

Gudbranson and his zero points while allowing his goalie to face a barrage of shots every night is totally valuable for some reason, but Gaunce cannot possibly deliver value without scoring a goal.
If Gaunce fought then he would be loved by that group

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Since I shouldn’t be making assumptions: Five is the number that comes after four. It’s the one that looks kind of like a less squiggly “S.”

[MOD]

I never said there was 5, that's on you.

Man, there are so many posts in these forums that try to get jabs in like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
[MOD]

I never said there was 5, that's on you.

Man, there are so many posts in these forums that try to get jabs in like this.

Okay, so lets just assume that you for some reason don't understand the difference between singular and plural (which I would suggest, in that case, that you learn), if there's just one person saying that, then who f***ing cares?

MANY PEOPLE IN THE SICK FAKE NEWS MEDIA SAYING GAUNCE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE! BAD!

Reactions: Hit the post

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Five shouldn't be necessary to have that impression. That definitely stuck me as starting way too high. More than one would be a start.

There's definitely a gaping hole in his defense that 'I didn't care enough for Gaunce to notice that he doesn't play center, but I paid close enough attention to notice that he's holding back Virtanen.'

It's also silly to characterize someone pointing out that inconsistency or the one between attitudes toward Gudbranson and Gaunce as some sort of deflection or jab. If you say something questionable, it should be called out, and sometimes, that's going to involve ridicule. Even if you have reason to disagree that it is an inconsistency, that's a reasonable line of contention to entertain. And neither have really been addressed still.

I can't say I understand pitting Gaunce and Virtanen against each other in either direction, though. I feel like during this poor stretch, they've been two of the only guys who have looked somewhat promising and effective together.

Last edited:

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I enjoy reading the amusing responses to this poster without having to read his whiny nonsense. God bless xenforo.

Reactions: MS

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I watch the games, just don't care much for gaunce thanks.

I don't think he's any good either (as I mentioned previously, he's a fringe NHL guy) but if you don't know what position he's playing it's hard for me to take your opinion too seriously on the player.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
93 games, 1 accidental goal. Can he make it to 100?

:hockey:

Getting close to one of the statistically worst forwards to ever play in the NHL. His stats are worse than most enforcers from the dead puck era. Incredibly awful!

Reactions: Andre Boudrias

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's actually pretty amusing.

Canucks lose 7-1. Benning acquisition in the game are as follows :

Pouliot -5
Goldobin -4
Gagner -3
Eriksson -3
Del Zott0 -3
Vanek -2
Burmistrov -2
Granlund -2

Gaunce gets buried in tough defensive minutes (0% o-zone starts, 0/11 offensive/defensive faceoff split) and is on the ice for one goal that isn't his fault. Benning [MOD] : BLAME GAUNCE! GAUNCE SUCKS! LOL 0 GOALS!

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
It's actually pretty amusing.

Canucks lose 7-1. Benning acquisition in the game are as follows :

Pouliot -5
Goldobin -4
Gagner -3
Eriksson -3
Del Zott0 -3
Vanek -2
Burmistrov -2
Granlund -2

Gaunce gets buried in tough defensive minutes (0% o-zone starts, 0/11 offensive/defensive faceoff split) and is on the ice for one goal that isn't his fault. Benning [MOD] : BLAME GAUNCE! GAUNCE SUCKS! LOL 0 GOALS!
Noticed that you left out another Benning acquisition that game (eg., the goalie).:sarcasm:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
93 games, 1 accidental goal. Can he make it to 100?

:hockey:

Getting close to one of the statistically worst forwards to ever play in the NHL. His stats are worse than most enforcers from the dead puck era. Incredibly awful!
You’re so negative

Reactions: Josepho

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
Not that plus minus means a lot, but the three worst plus minus players on the team are this year's prized free agent acquisitions Gagner, Vanek and Del Zotto, and other players are not close to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->