Brendan smith

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I guess you've never seen Erik Karlsson play. Or Kris Letang. Offensive D that can skate like to join the rush, it doesn't mean they want to play forward. It's usually guys who have great recovery speed so they can take some risks.

Or Bobby Orr. Seriously, Orr revolutionized the defenseman position with his ability to jump into the play when it was advantageous to do so. For the people who have a bit of trouble with hockey talk I am not saying Smith is the next coming of Bobby Orr, rather I am saying that Smith is a guy who can give the Wings some offensive firepower while still playing his given position. That's exactly what we need right now. Just watch the games and see how Smith progresses over the next 5-6 games. Ideally I think he'd be a great fit with a defensive d-man like Ericsson or Lashoff.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Or Bobby Orr. Seriously, Orr revolutionized the defenseman position with his ability to jump into the play when it was advantageous to do so. For the people who have a bit of trouble with hockey talk I am not saying Smith is the next coming of Bobby Orr, rather I am saying that Smith is a guy who can give the Wings some offensive firepower while still playing his given position. That's exactly what we need right now. Just watch the games and see how Smith progresses over the next 5-6 games. Ideally I think he'd be a great fit with a defensive d-man like Ericsson or Lashoff.

Couldn't agree more, thanks for expanding on my point a bit. I think having guys like Ericsson, Lashoff or Huskins in is a great thing because it frees up opportunities for guys like Kronner and Smith. As long as they are communicating, and their partners accept their roles, and learn the situations where they like to jump in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->