TSN: Brendan Shanahan named President of Toronto Maple Leafs

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Was this team ever a disaster or what.

Sometimes, it’s nice to be reminded of how far you’ve come in such a short period of time.

The Shanaplan has been one of the most well executed, miraculous, lucky rebuilds of all time. One more bounce of the ball, and we would had McDavid too...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Shanahan came in with little experience, talked about what he wanted to do and executed that plan to a tee. I was skeptical at the time, but mostly frustrated at how bad the team was from top to bottom.

Goes to show that a smart executive with a plan and a vision can dominate the field of veterans with very little vision.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Lol this frigging thread. Now, we need to start seeing some return. Playoff series wins is the next step.

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Good ole Mimico boy comes back home and does good .... When your heart is in the right place great things can happen ... create a vision and stick to a plan ... a great life formula for all

Reactions: TorMapleJays

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Can't blame a lot of people for being jaded back in 2014, but I was still optimistic and called the draft lottery win....(I am not a time traveler)...amazing what Shanny has done...he is the true leader of change in this org.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I dont care for this move much.
Shanny has no experience in the field of running a team or ties to the franchise.

Its a name to appease the fans.

I feel apleased
giphy.gif

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Hey guys,

Here is Brendan Shanahan Hockey Hall of Fame induction speech from December 4, 2013.

In my opinion, Brendan Shanahan is a very humble, grounded, and extremely modest individual who is very successful.

I am very confident that Brendan Shanahan will eventually transform the Maple Leafs into a legitimate Stanley Cup contender over time and make every single Toronto Maple Leafs fan proud even though he currently lacks NHL management experience.

Brendan Shanahan will succeed where others have failed.

Here is a picture of Brendan Shanahan's wife Catherine with their kids.

QQKEDqO.jpg

Wow

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
The Shanaplan has been one of the most well executed, miraculous, lucky rebuilds of all time. One more bounce of the ball, and we would had McDavid too...
Probably safe to say that if that ball fell differently, then alot of "other" balls wouldn't have fallen the same.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

McDavid just has to follow in Tavares footsteps! Please come home Conner.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Quite interesting to see TWS praise the hiring. Of course, most seemed to be skeptics at that point, so it makes some twisted sense that he was a fan then.

he was a fan because a good chunk of people weren't.
he stopped being a fan when Chiarelli, Desjarsdin and Benning were hired.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Was this team ever a disaster or what.

Sometimes, it’s nice to be reminded of how far you’ve come in such a short period of time.

i'm writing an article on it, and even looking back, just ..wow
like remember the push was for Lupul to be the captain and everyone thought that'd be a given?

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
So JT is a UFA, one year later, Connor becomes a UFA............................... McDavid
Matthews

Reactions: Eb

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Anyone who thinks Leiwicke is just hiring "yes men" is flat out wrong.

A yes man looks like JFJ not a former superstar and current league exec.

This is Leiwicke admitting he doesn't know hockey, but that he does know people. He's bringing in a guy who has an idea and a direction, and ties to the league office.

I assume Shanny will have full autonomy to do whatever he likes

Great post.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
Welp I was dead wrong. Credit to people who were positive about something after all those years. I was the most angry and skeptical I could be.

Still can't believe the position we are in right now.

Reactions: Elephanto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad