Recalled/Assigned: Brendan Mikkelsson waived, clears, and reassigned to Syracuse

kisin

Sep 22, 2009
Czech republic
I don't like him but at this point I don't believe he would be much worse than Lee. Mikk hasn't got a real chance this season.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Guess that probably means Aulie sits in the press box if Gudas or Barberio are called up.

Gudas shoots R and Barberio shoots L ... Aulie is a L so my guess is it'll be Barberio.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If it's Barberio he'll most likely be played with get paired with Lee and Aulie sits with Lee being the stay at home and letting him rush.
If it's Gudas he'll probably play with Brewer and Lee would sit, maybe he'll play with Carle to cover his deficiencies.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Rangers fan here.
With Staal out and Hamrlik out of shape we need a bottom pairing LD, how good/bad is this guy?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Rangers fan here.
With Staal out and Hamrlik out of shape we need a bottom pairing LD, how good/bad is this guy?

Better than Bickel.
He's a typical 6/7 guy. Ok size but doesn't really us it, good with the puck but not gonna put up many points.
Im sure SY called around about him and the Rangers didn't want to give anything up so not sure you'd claim him.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Better than Bickel.
He's a typical 6/7 guy. Ok size but doesn't really us it, good with the puck but not gonna put up many points.
Im sure SY called around about him and the Rangers didn't want to give anything up so not sure you'd claim him.

You had gilroy, is he better or worse?
Sather probably offered Bickel and Stevie said "hell no", I'd rather waive him :sarcasm:

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Waiving Mik could of just been to get him some games in the AHL, since Boucher won't play him. I'd like to see Gudas up, but not if he's just going to get 7minutes/G or be scratched.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Mik nver seemed to get in a grove here in Syr during his rehab stint. Almost made me forget how bad a player Oberg seems to be.
As for Bickel, do not count him out. He has size, can play forward or defense, and will not hesitate to stand up for his teamates. He played here brielfy under the Ducks Daze. The only issue seemed to be he did no see eye to eye with Holick. He was shipped off and has played several games in the NHL since. Jeremy Reich had a similar story but with Cbus. Could not crack the lineup for the worst team in the league so they let him go. Went on to play for the Bruins for a few seasons and seemed to do quite well.
While Mik may have more potential, if you are looking for a player to step in a give you a consistent effort, I go with Stu. Perhaps a change of scenery would do both well. Question is, how do the Rangers sweeten the deal?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hope to see how Gudas/Barbeiro does up here, but let's not pretend that our 6D is why we suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad