Prospect Info: Brendan Lemieux

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I know alot of people hated his dad, but man was he a good guy to have on your team - For some reason, I really expected baby Lemmy to turn out quite equal to his dad in both style and impact.

Its becoming more and more a longshot, but dammit I want it to work out that way. A guy like that, is so important on a SC run.

Reactions: Runforthecup

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I know alot of people hated his dad, but man was he a good guy to have on your team - For some reason, I really expected baby Lemmy to turn out quite equal to his dad in both style and impact.

Its becoming more and more a longshot, but dammit I want it to work out that way. A guy like that, is so important on a SC run.
As I recall his dad was hated by many of his team mates. It was the forst thing that I though of when I heard the issues with his Moose team mates. I believe that Claude was a regular winner of polls taken of most hated team mates back in his time.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
As I recall his dad was hated by many of his team mates. It was the forst thing that I though of when I heard the issues with his Moose team mates. I believe that Claude was a regular winner of polls taken of most hated team mates back in his time.
I just remember seeing a documentary, can't remember which, but in that, they mentioned he was either hated or loved, no inbetweens. And that he was a such a noosense to opposing teams, that teammates that did not like him as a person, still aknowledged his importance.

I mean, the guy does have 3 SC rings.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

The first part is a ridiculous ask.

The second part - the part about a guy like that being important - is incorrect (unless you're talking about the production).

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ares

May 8, 2018

Brendan's had issues with his teammates?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The first part is a ridiculous ask.

The second part - the part about a guy like that being important - is incorrect (unless you're talking about the production).
Why thank you.

How stupid of me, to base that of an actual docu about it. I guess the teammates and ex staff around him they asked, dont know shit..

And I didn't ask anything? I hoped he would, what is so horrible about that? - I can see however, expected was a bad choice of words. How awful of me.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Why thank you.

How stupid of me, to base that of an actual docu about it. I guess the teammates and ex staff around him they asked, dont know ****..

And I didn't ask anything? I hoped he would, what is so horrible about that? - I can see however, expected was a bad choice of words. How awful of me.

Wait, what "docu" are about how important a pest is?

Aside from penalty differential, what value does a pest have? Not just in what they do, but how much is it worth?

2 wins above replacement?
0.2 wins?
0.002 wins?
0.0000000002 wins?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Wait, what "docu" are about how important a pest is?

Aside from penalty differential, what value does a pest have? Not just in what they do, but how much is it worth?

2 wins above replacement?
0.2 wins?
0.002 wins?
0.0000000002 wins?
Nope, I don't recall the specifics, but I do recall several interviews about Lemi.

I am sorry I ever mentioned it..

Geez.

Montreal Canadiens Legends: Claude Lemieux

It was a little like this piece.

and this

A Legendary Pest, A Devils Legend: Claude Lemieux Retires

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
They do not, but okay.

If you can't quantify, than I rather be agnostic.
They do explain my initial point, which was he was an immense presense on teams, and his 3SC rings, Canada Cup and his Conn Smythe shows that.

Why am I subjected to having to go into detail and quantify my opinin for it to be valid?

No one asked you to agree, I simply pointed out that if Baby Lemi turned out to be a clone of his father, he would defo be a big piece in a sc push.

Imo, with a guy like that, we would take Las Vegas in that series.

Last edited:

The Big M

Dec 29, 2017
They do explain my initial point, which was he was an immense presense on teams, and his 3SC rings, Canada Cup and his Conn Smythe shows that.

Why am I subjected to having to go into detail and quantify my opinin for it to be valid?

No one asked you to agree, I simply pointed out that if Baby Lemi turned out to be a clone of his father, he would defo be a big piece in a sc push.

Imo, with a guy like that, we would take Las Vegas in that series.

I agree with you. One thing that bothered me was that illegal check to Scheifele.
No one on the Jets did anything. Lemieux would at least responded with a big check.
Plus I think he would also get in front of the net and take Fleury of his game.

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Wasn’t daddy Lemieux a good playoff performer?

I do thank him for that Wings/Avs brawl that he was responsible for back in the 90’s. One of the most epic brawls ever.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Nope, I don't recall the specifics, but I do recall several interviews about Lemi.

I am sorry I ever mentioned it..

Geez.

Montreal Canadiens Legends: Claude Lemieux

It was a little like this piece.

and this

A Legendary Pest, A Devils Legend: Claude Lemieux Retires

I think the problem was this, "For some reason, I really expected baby Lemmy to turn out quite equal to his dad in both style and impact."

It might be reasonable to expect him to be like his father but a lot less productive, which he is. At the time we got him, and anytime since, there has never been any indication that he might reasonably be expected to approach, much less equal his dad's productivity.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I think the problem was this, "For some reason, I really expected baby Lemmy to turn out quite equal to his dad in both style and impact."

It might be reasonable to expect him to be like his father but a lot less productive, which he is. At the time we got him, and anytime since, there has never been any indication that he might reasonably be expected to approach, much less equal his dad's productivity.

Likely correct. I really didn’t see the need to be some combative. He thought one thing but indicated he was wrong IMO. Thought all that extra stuff was unnecessary.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Lemmy, Myers, 2019 1st for Jordan Staal...Canes pay everything over 4.75m.
I'd do the same deal for RNH but would rather have Staal.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

To be fair, I did say it was a wrong choice of words.

I had hoped, was maybe a better choice.

It is indeed unfair to expect anything like that from Baby Lemieux.

But even half his dad's productivity with the same presence and intimidation would be good.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
To be fair, I did say it was a wrong choice of words.

I had hoped, was maybe a better choice.

It is indeed unfair to expect anything like that from Baby Lemieux.

But even half his dad's productivity with the same presence and intimidation would be good.

OK, with that out of the way we can discuss matters of style. Daddy Lemieux was a lot worse than just a pest, IMO. I cannot abide dirty, dishonourable players. Sorry, but to me it matters how you win just as much as if you win. Playing outside the rules is cheating, winning by cheating is not really winning. You get the prize, but not the honour. I don't expect, or demand choirboys. Hockey is a tough, physical game where men get hurt. That's part of what I like about it. But players like Claude Lemieux in his day and Brad Marchand today get zero respect from me.

Now half of dad's production and half of dad's pest act, I might be able to live with. :laugh: It would depend on the specifics of that half of the pest act. Drawing more penalties than he takes would be a good place to start evaluating where to draw the line. Intent to injure other players goes too far.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
OK, with that out of the way we can discuss matters of style. Daddy Lemieux was a lot worse than just a pest, IMO. I cannot abide dirty, dishonourable players. Sorry, but to me it matters how you win just as much as if you win. Playing outside the rules is cheating, winning by cheating is not really winning. You get the prize, but not the honour. I don't expect, or demand choirboys. Hockey is a tough, physical game where men get hurt. That's part of what I like about it. But players like Claude Lemieux in his day and Brad Marchand today get zero respect from me.

Now half of dad's production and half of dad's pest act, I might be able to live with. :laugh: It would depend on the specifics of that half of the pest act. Drawing more penalties than he takes would be a good place to start evaluating where to draw the line. Intent to injure other players goes too far.

Well let me put it this way.

I may be viewing Claude thru the rose tinted glasses of a young me, I just remember always thinking, WOW, that guy is a winner.
And tbh, as a kid I didn't have the same energy on malicious players as today.

There should be no doubt, that there is absolutely no room for malicious intent in hockey, nor in any sport for that matter - Recency bias might also be in effect, as I really cannot stand Marchand.

I just never saw Lemieux in the same light as for example McSorley.

I could go for a 50% version of his dad, but still that is a longshot :)

I

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

You're first paragraph is kinda silly. I've been a part of five championships as a player and those players can be integral part of a winning team. None of them intended to hurt anyone, but effective pests help teams win. They were all good guys off the ice but effective at their craft on the ice. All sports have atheletes that try to gain an edge, all of them! Doesn't mean they all have no honour. I guess you can't watch any soccer then with all the cheating going on?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad