Prospect Info: Brendan Lemieux

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I was 50/50 on his preseason. He's not bad. He's better than last year, too.

How's his PIM this year?

Fishy

May 14, 2016
Winterpeg
9 minutes in 4 games:

Oct 6 vs Grand Rapids: 2 for unsportsmanlike (disputing decision) late in the 3rd (already loosing 5-2)
Oct 13 vs Cleveland: 5 for fighting, 2 for interference.​

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He is an undisciplined player who has a lot to improve before he can be considered NHL ready

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He is an undisciplined player who has a lot to improve before he can be considered NHL ready

Has he been undisciplined ths season? He has one fight and two minor penalties so far. I haven't watched any of the games.

I expect he could possibly fill in for a 4th line injury at some point this season depending on how things go.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If he can control his penalties he's what you want in a fourth liner. Good nose for the net, physical, but with skill and good shot.

I'd like to see him and Lipon get a few games this season.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
I thought the Jets needed this type of players since they came back to Winnipeg. They need a Roussel or Tkachuk type player to stir the pot and get emotions up when they don't have it some nights.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Looks like this kid is around like forever but he's only 22! Damn his PIM is huge with the Moose, anyone know if he could fit on the 4th line?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Looks like this kid is around like forever but he's only 22! Damn his PIM is huge with the Moose, anyone know if he could fit on the 4th line?

He could but he will have to beat out some other players unless someone is traded. He is probably 6th on the Jets LW depth chart.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
His net front presence and deflections would be a great addition. Haven't had that since Ladd. But I don't think he cracks the lineup.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
This fall will be a real opportunity for a few guys. Hopefully he has a good showing in training camp. If this is not the year, I think he will quickly sink on the roster of prospects. He doesn't necessarily have to make the team out of training camp, but he needs have a good showing and be a final cut, at the very least.
I like what he brings, I just hope he brings it with balance and defensive responsibility.

Ares

May 8, 2018
He doesn't have to be a regular but I would like to see him get few games everyone now and then. He brings high energy and can contribute offensively.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Copp, I say with hope. Heck, I would try him with Little and Laine just so we could have an L line.

He isn't better than Copp. I don't think it is close. Even if it is close, he can't be our utility/replacement centre. His best chance would be to beat out Tanev and I don't see that happening.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I've only seen Lemieux play LW, unless he played RW with the Moose.

Pretty sure he is strictly LW. Wouldn't be surprised if Copp could also play RW though. Nothing seems to phase him. He just goes out and plays hockey. Underrated player, IMO.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
He could probably play on some teams' 4th line now. But who is he going to beat out on the Jets roster?

Not as a regular, but I can see him slotting in when the inevitable injuries come. Also, with Armia traded as the price of dumping Mason's cap hit, there's a slot open that may involve a 4th liner moving up and Lemieux getting a spot.

Reactions: Ares

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not as a regular, but I can see him slotting in when the inevitable injuries come. Also, with Armia traded as the price of dumping Mason's cap hit, there's a slot open that may involve a 4th liner moving up and Lemieux getting a spot.

Injury replacement could happen. With Armia gone I still have at least 13 F's ahead of him though. There may be some battles in TC and he could win a spot. I doubt it though. The Armia vacancy is on the right side.

I think we go with 13 F's, 8 D. Poolman could go down and we go with 7D which might make room for Lemmy. He would need to have an outstanding TC to force that though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad