Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux Traded to LA for a 4th

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
If Gorton can get a 3rd and a 4th for Brett Howden and Brendan Lemieux, he's done a great job.

Howden might have that PK role for now, but he doesn't do anything else. Blackwell and DiGuiseppe are PK options and they have next to no value.

We don't have a 2nd rounder this season. Adding extra picks in just gives an extra chance to find a player for the future.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean, Gretzky gave his enforcers a ton of credit. There might be something to it, but I’ll be honest with you. I have no idea.
What's he supposed to say?

"Yeah, Semenko skated like a tractor and handled the puck like Edward Scissorhands. Hated him."

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
What's he supposed to say?

"Yeah, Semenko skated like a tractor and handled the puck like Edward Scissorhands. Hated him."
No I mean didn’t he only accept a trade if his enforcer came with him? To me, that says a lot. Don’t get me wrong, I think that enforcers are overrated by some people for sure, but maybe there’s something to it. I never played competitive hockey, so I don’t think I’m qualified to give an opinion on that, and it’s not exactly something you can count or measure either. So that’s why I have no idea.

Last edited:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
If Lemieux was as important as some fans think he is, the return would have been more than a 4th round pick. He's no Blake Coleman or even Barclay Goodrow
Yea that’s possible, but even so, I still think he was way more important to the Rangers as a player than as a trade chip.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No I mean didn’t he only accept a trade if his enforcer came with him? To me, that says a lot. Don’t get me wrong, I think that enforcers are overrated by some people for sure, but maybe there’s something to it. I never played competitive hockey, so I don’t think I’m qualified to give an opinion on that, and it’s not exactly something you can count or measure either. So that’s why I have no idea.
These guys are getting paid millions of dollars to play physical and get stars off their game. If they would stop doing that because they're afraid to get hit, they wouldn't have made it doing that to begin with.

Maybe the stars feel safer and maybe that has a marginal effect on their games, but the idea of deterrence is just silly to me. It doesn't make sense that guys who hit and get in fights for a living would not do that because...they might get hit or get in a fight. It's like threatening a firefighter with fire.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
BLs value was lower due to his contract. The Rangers Will likely try to trade Howden and/or Goat to upgrade the 7th expansion protected spot on fwd. And maybe they try to upgrade Hajek for that last spot on D as well? I do not really like this demise into marshmallow puff softness, especially with DQ at the helm. But let’s wait and see what develops until April 12 first. VK, The Baron and possibly The Geert Goon are incoming soon. There will be more shuffling. That is almost a given now.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
These guys are getting paid millions of dollars to play physical and get stars off their game. If they would stop doing that because they're afraid to get hit, they wouldn't have made it doing that to begin with.

Maybe the stars feel safer and maybe that has a marginal effect on their games, but the idea of deterrence is just silly to me. It doesn't make sense that guys who hit and get in fights for a living would not do that because...they might get hit or get in a fight. It's like threatening a firefighter with fire.

Also, having Lemieux on the team didn't stop Konecny from slew-footing Zibanejad not even 24 hours ago. This notion that having Lemieux on the team will deter opponents from "going after our stars" is just not true.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Also, having Lemieux on the team didn't stop Konecny from slew-footing Zibanejad not even 24 hours ago. This notion that having Lemieux on the team will deter opponents from "going after our stars" is just not true.

Exactly what I was thinking. And who was it sending Konecny a statement that he should calm the f*ck down? Lemieux? Or was it Buchnevich?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Exactly what I was thinking. And who was it sending Konecny a statement that he should calm the f*ck down? Lemieux? Or was it Buchnevich?

I think it was Buchnevich and Lindgren.

But yeah, opponents are taking liberties with Lemieux in the line-up, the one thing some people refer to as the main reason we should keep him. Lemieux just isn't an NHL caliber player and if his last name wasn't Lemieux, he wouldn't be in the NHL right now.

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
I think it was Buchnevich and Lindgren.

But yeah, opponents are taking liberties with Lemieux in the line-up, the one thing some people refer to as the main reason we should keep him. Lemieux just isn't an NHL caliber player and if his last name wasn't Lemieux, he wouldn't be in the NHL right now.

Yes, it was Lindgren and Buchnevich. What I meant is that I feel like his perceived role as someone who sends a signal to the opponent is overrated as well.

Yes, him being a pest draws some penalties, but that doesn't weigh up against his salary cap and his easily replacable skill set.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yes, it was Lindgren and Buchnevich. What I meant is that I feel like his perceived role as someone who sends a signal to the opponent is overrated as well.

Yes, him being a pest draws some penalties, but that doesn't weigh up against his salary cap and his easily replacable skill set.

If Lemieux was the player some people think he is, I'd have no problem with him in the line-up but he isn't really adding that physical aspect to the game and his bonehead penalties are costing this team more than what his skillset brings. He's a net negative and with other (better) players coming in, this trade makes sense.

I am shocked we got a 4th for him. I fully expected a 7th rounder or something

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
If Lemieux was the player some people think he is, I'd have no problem with him in the line-up but he isn't really adding that physical aspect to the game and his bonehead penalties are costing this team more than what his skillset brings. He's a net negative and with other (better) players coming in, this trade makes sense.

I am shocked we got a 4th for him. I fully expected a 7th rounder or something

LA gave up a second rounder for Lias Andersson*, so I am not that surprised.

* We drafted him seventh overall so joke is still on us, but still.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
LA gave up a second rounder for Lias Andersson*, so I am not that surprised.

* We drafted him seventh overall so joke is still on us, but still.

Lias was also 3 years younger at the time of the trade. Lemieux will reach his UFA eligibility in 2 years.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I wonder if we’d think differently of Lemieux if his name was Bill Franklin.

(edit: no relation to Ben Franklin!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->