Recalled/Assigned: Brendan Lemieux recalled

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
They have the players game splits so I went in to each individual game and tailed his penalties:

MinorMajor10 minute misconductTotal PIM
Unsportsmanlike behavior8566
Abuse of officials110
Fighting630
Tripping24
Interference24
Roughing9186 of 9 looked to be offsetting
Diving12
Hooking36
Slashing12
Cross-checking28One looked to be offsetting
Instigating1112
High stick116
Elbow12
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
In the end he only fought 6 times, one of which he took an instigator on and gave the other team a penalty.
He did take a lot of offsetting roughing minors.

The first two line are what should worry people. Almost half his total penalty minutes came from unsportsmanlike conduct misconducts. Outside of roughing he took his most minor penalties with regards to not conducting himself properly on the ice. This to me is where people worry about him. You can't have a selfish teammate who hurts the team because they abuse officials and take unnecessary penalties by arguing stuff and acting like jerks on the ice. I would not want a player like this on my team.

Maurice and the team wont tolerate the above, so he better learn to mature and mature quickly if he wants to make the Jets.

The 3rd column of the first row does not bother me (without context) and the first column depends on the situation. The 10 minute unsportmanlike conducts tend to occur at the end of the game when it's a blowout and the refs are looking to manage the game. I bet whenever Lemieux hits the ice, the refs are looking to find a reason for him to leave. Not necessarily because he does something wrong, but because others may be looking to go after him as well and they want to squash it.

The first column is more of a problem, but it's what you are going to get if you want to have a pest in your line-up. Sometimes they get 2 mins UCP on reputation, often offsetting.

Remember he got a 2 min UCP for getting punched in the head with a blocker for the Jets.

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
Exact opposite of what I've heard from other Moose players.

Wow. I can't believe the anonymous crap that keeps getting posted here.

Don't ever change, HFBoards.

A non-cowardly, non-gossipy thought: I hope Lemieux soon gets traded to a team that appereciates him and plays the Jets several times a year. And I hope his backstabbing "teammate" (assuming the above post is even real) gets repeatedly plastered by Lemieux.

Real teammates don't go tattling on each other to Internet Tattletales. :rolleyes:

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
On March 4 Lemieux took a 2 minute unsportsmanlike penalty because he protested a penalty call to Petan. The refs then added a 10 minute misconduct because he protested the two minute misconduct. Moose were scored on during the penalty and it cost them the game. Lemieux was benched for the remainder of the game and I don't think he took another unsportsmanlike penalty for the rest of the season. Maybe he has been "fixed"? I checked back then and up until that point that was really the only game where one can say the Moose lost because of a Lemieux penalty.

Part of the problem is in the AHL they play back to back games using the same refs as the night before so whatever happened between Lemieux and ref the night before affects how they call Lemieux the next night.

The 3rd column of the first row does not bother me (without context) and the first column depends on the situation. The 10 minute unsportmanlike conducts tend to occur at the end of the game when it's a blowout and the refs are looking to manage the game. I bet whenever Lemieux hits the ice, the refs are looking to find a reason for him to leave. Not necessarily because he does something wrong, but because others may be looking to go after him as well and they want to squash it.

The first column is more of a problem, but it's what you are going to get if you want to have a pest in your line-up. Sometimes they get 2 mins UCP on reputation, often offsetting.

Remember he got a 2 min UCP for getting punched in the head with a blocker for the Jets.

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

A non-cowardly, non-gossipy thought: I hope Lemieux soon gets traded to a team that appereciates him and plays the Jets several times a year. And I hope his backstabbing "teammate" (assuming the above post is even real) gets repeatedly plastered by Lemieux.

Real teammates don't go tattling on each other to Internet Tattletales. :rolleyes:
Yah, I think I'd be more worried about the character of the Moose player that's dishing on his teammates to someone who's not in the organization.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Says the guy on the internet with an anonymous username.......:shakehead

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I wouldn't care one bit if he were traded but it would have to be fair value. A similar winger or really, an equivalent D man prospect...one that's ready to start playing in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->