Recalled/Assigned: Brendan Lemieux recalled

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You've heard this directly from other Moose players?

Yes one Moose player told me both Roslovic and Lemieux were dumb as rocks off the ice. What he meant by that (ie not book smart, do stupid things, an asshole) I'm not entirely sure as I didn't push.

Take that for what you want. There's been plenty of NHL players that are not book smart at all. But yeah apparently he is not this "bright" guy that everyone thinks for some reason.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yes one Moose player told me both Roslovic and Lemieux were dumb as rocks off the ice. What he meant by that (ie not book smart, do stupid things, an *******) I'm not entirely sure as I didn't push.

Take that for what you want. There's been plenty of NHL players that are not book smart at all. But yeah apparently he is not this "bright" guy that everyone thinks for some reason.
One Moose player, or multiple Moose players told you this?

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Lemieux is pure sandpaper incarnate. Send him into the line-up next year. Our players have to get better somehow (we were miles behind Vegas), and maybe making opponent players play worse is a step towards this.

Release the hound.

Reactions: GNP

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
So he seems to be a lot like Tom Wilson of the Capitals. He has issues on the ice as well but has helped the Capitals a great deal and plays on the number one line.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets have a bunch of players that play a hard game in the corners, but don't have a nose for the net. Fleury really didn't have to put up with any pressure around the crease. The only forwards that made much effort to get to the netfront were Stastny and Perreault, and Vegas' D didn't have much trouble handling them.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets have a bunch of players that play a hard game in the corners, but don't have a nose for the net. Fleury really didn't have to put up with any pressure around the crease. The only forwards that made much effort to get to the netfront were Stastny and Perreault, and Vegas' D didn't have much trouble handling them.

Great comment, looks like there are more than a few of us who realize that Fleury didn’t exactly have his hands full playing against the Jets, actually Fleury had a very easy time of it.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I don't think Lowry is shy of going to the net but he was clearly hurt. I think Copp goes to those areas pretty well also. Not that the Jets couldn't use more mind you.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Fluery has been .947 so far this playoffs and if he maintains that “Historic pace” they will disapatch the Caps in 5 and their fans will wonder what hit them too. Lemieux would not have made an ounce of difference against Fleury the way he was playing against us in the last 4 games. The closest Goalie to Fleury’s success was Jonathan Quick in the Kings 2012 playoff run where he went .946 and they only lost 4 games that entire playoff run. Vegas are averaging 1 loss per round so far too. Now they have one round left so lots can go wrong but yea if the goalie is playing at .946-.947 you are maybe going to get one game from them.

Now if you want to debate Lemmy on other attributes then knock yourself out but he wasn’t getting us over the hump against the hottest goalie on the planet.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I think people are being a bit optimistic with regards to Lemieux. His lack of discipline is very concerning. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to add a player like him, but I think he has to prove he can stay out of the box first.
curious why you'd love to add a player like him?
at best, he'd take Tanev's spot in the line-up. otherwise, i don't see how he fits other than sitting in the press box as depth

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
curious why you'd love to add a player like him?
at best, he'd take Tanev's spot in the line-up. otherwise, i don't see how he fits other than sitting in the press box as depth

To bring more net front presence and whatnot. Think we could use a bit more crease crashing. Obviously Lemieux as is isn’t a help but the style I think would be beneficial.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
To bring more net front presence and whatnot. Think we could use a bit more crease crashing. Obviously Lemieux as is isn’t a help but the style I think would be beneficial.
yeah, i'm not sure that i agree. i feel like he's a step backwards stylewise. too much sand, not enough paper.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
The idea of Petan even being in Roslovic's league is absurd.
...yet. I'm still waiting to be properly impressed by Roslovic himself, but I agree that the clock has struck midnight on Petan's NHL career with the Jets. He better impress in training camp big time, and back that up with solid production if he's given a chance.

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Yes one Moose player told me both Roslovic and Lemieux were dumb as rocks off the ice. What he meant by that (ie not book smart, do stupid things, an *******) I'm not entirely sure as I didn't push.

I had a friend who met Gretzky on a vacation many years ago. He was very impressed by how friendly Gretzky was (maybe because they were the only Canadians on this resort). He spent an afternoon in the lounge chatting like he knew him all his life. The other thing that my friend noticed... Gretzky was the farthest thing from a Mensa member you could find.

The message: it doesn't matter how smart you are, as long as you can produce.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I had a friend who met Gretzky on a vacation many years ago. He was very impressed by how friendly Gretzky was (maybe because they were the only Canadians on this resort). He spent an afternoon in the lounge chatting like he knew him all his life. The other thing that my friend noticed... Gretzky was the farthest thing from a Mensa member you could find.

The message: it doesn't matter how smart you are, as long as you can produce.
Yah, you wonder if the Moose player commenting about Roslovic and Lemieux was a bright and articulate career minor leaguer. Buff has never been identified as a brainy guy ( his grandfather worried that hockey was his only chance for success in life), but Buff has oodles of hockey sense. Roslovic also seems to have an abundance of hockey IQ.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
...yet. I'm still waiting to be properly impressed by Roslovic himself, but I agree that the clock has struck midnight on Petan's NHL career with the Jets. He better impress in training camp big time, and back that up with solid production if he's given a chance.
ridiculous. petan has impressed in every training camp he's had with the jets and has done the same every time he has played with the team on a line with good players.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
ridiculous. petan has impressed in every training camp he's had with the jets and has done the same every time he has played with the team on a line with good players.
Umm... you missed the part where I said that he needs to back up his training camp with solid production. That was the most important part of my post. Obviously, he has to impress at training camp because it's going to be even harder to crack the line-up now.

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
I am hearing rumor and innuendo about a couple of 20 year old kids here. Maybe they arent fully mature yet, but to repeat what others say privatly seems unreasonable and unfair. I bet many of us were full of ourselves and a bit arrogant at that age. Let them do their talking on the ice. I think will will quickly learn their place if they stay with the big club. JR is very quick and strong on his skates and BL is a guy you have to be aware of always or he will staple you to the boards. Both players have attributes to improve the team. Give them a chance to grow up. No one here would doubt PoMo's intelligence, just because he speaks like a hockey player. Lets not be shallow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad