Brendan Lemieux jump and head shot on Michal Kempny

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
The Caps' announcers are a special kind of terrible but here's a full clip, unfortunately not showing a better angle. In the speed of the game, I think Lemieux was timing a solid shoulder to shoulder - but people calling for 5 games? Give me a break. That's a strong Wilson-type hit.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I don't like the term head SHOT cuz it assumes a guy was "shooting" for it. Most times it happens he prob wasn't "shooting" for his head

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Wilson’d... But seriously from that angle, that isn’t saying much, it looks like a case of Kempny being too short...

Noldo

May 28, 2007
Stupid question but should Kempny be eligible for a check at that point at the first place? He had already played the puck forward and Lemieux merely prohibited him from joining the play as it went to Rangers end?

Reactions: Eisen

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Stupid question but should Kempny be eligible for a check at that point at the first place? He had already played the puck forward and Lemieux merely prohibited him from joining the play as it went to Rangers end?
He should not. But the NHL is bad at interpreting it's own rules.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

He should not. But the NHL is bad at interpreting it's own rules.

That’s absolutely not interference...and he was certainly eligible to be hit.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The Caps' announcers are a special kind of terrible but here's a full clip, unfortunately not showing a better angle. In the speed of the game, I think Lemieux was timing a solid shoulder to shoulder - but people calling for 5 games? Give me a break. That's a strong Wilson-type hit.

I guess an elbow to the face is shoulder to shoulder if you stretch things out...

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I have seen cap fans call alot worse hits then this clean when thrown by the king of the dirty hits.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

So 5 games is the bare minimum?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad