Confirmed with Link: Brendan Lemieux from NYR to LA for a 4th

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Kings' started by kingskring, Mar 27, 2021.

1. HookKing Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    You need to see it up and real close. It wasn't posted on utube. Yes, your point is correct though.

2. Peter James Bond II TURCOTTE GOLDEN!!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    When does Pepe clear protocol and can play? (sorry if posted, been traveling and phone / wifi user hostile atm)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  3. Statto Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I don’t think it’s Kopitar as Captain that is the issue with setting the tone but more the leadership of the ‘Captains’ as a three. One of the letters needs inspirational in your face grit, not necessarily the Captain (for the record Kopi isn’t my choice either) but they need someone setting that example. For me Carter doesn’t do enough on ice to warrant an ‘A’, whatever leadership he brings behind the scenes is all well and good but on-ice he inspires little. From the current roster I’d give Brown a letter once again (over Carter), even though he’s not the player he once was and I’m fine with this new version of Doughty keeping a letter. That’s the best we have right now.

There isn’t anyone else and it’s a hole in the system as a whole. Turcotte is the one in the system that has a bit of energy and spark that can provide that gritty leadership when he’s ready, but even he is only (maybe) Mike Richards lite. It is however an element they can bring into the team via trade at some point and it doesn’t need to be a star, but someone that commands instant respect from his teammates that can take a letter instantly. I completely agree that it is something that will need addressing as Lemieux (or any single agitator) alone isn’t enough

4. Herby Culture Changer

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Easy to say W/L's don't matter when the leadership group on the team are 33, 31, 36, 35 and 36 and realistically know this could be their last season playing together and thus last chance at another playoff run. We fans may be looking to the future, I can guarantee none of those guys are. They didn't have anyone in the lineup who is that type of player and even if they did, is say a Brendan Lemieux going to risk taking a penalty which could potentially cost the Kings their biggest win of the year and having to answer to those guys? I wouldn't count on it. If they were 10 points into a playoff spot or 10 points out things are different.

Plus, they play Vegas a couple of more times, they will get him back in those games.

Raccoon Jesus likes this.
  5. Jason Squirties Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    This calls for a celebration long overdue.

6. Chazz Reinhold Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    They sure didn't get Fiala back when they played Minnesota after the Roy hit.

7. AlphaBravo Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Lifeguard
    It's hard to find players like Richards and Deadmarsh anymore. I feel like it's not so much our roster is lacking those players, but the NHL lacking those players. I definitely miss the days of players with character who played with emotion. Don't see much of that anymore from any teams. I do see some dirty and rough plays, but that is not the same as playing the style Richards, Deadmarsh, Greene et al. played.

Raccoon Jesus likes this.
  8. Raccoon Jesus President of Vilardi Fan Club

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Real Estate
    The 2014 team was the ultimate collection of those players and the last of it you will ever see. There really aren't many Willie Mitchells, Jarret Stolls around, period.

9. apadilla Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Edited:

Think the Kings will be looking for more sandpaper by April 12th?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  10. DoktorJeep Leader of the pack

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Don’t worry boys. Blakey knows a thing or two about what it looks like when the highly paid vets aren’t interested in sticking up for teammates on the ice. Carter is a big dude, he should focus on fighting majors over anything puck related from here on out if he wants to earn his salary.

11. HookKing Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Yeah that worked out real well for him when he did that in the past.

apadilla likes this.