Injury Report: Brendan Lemieux fractured hand

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
This is good news....very good news. It's been very noticeable how much Lemieux's grit, grease and sandpaper is missed on this team.

Hopefully while he's been rehabbing, Lemieux gave Kakko the cell # of whoever his offseason trainer was who helped Lemmy get into such phenomenal shape compared to last year when he first came aboard from the Jets!...lol

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Thank god

Team isn’t nearly as entertaining or dirty without him
I think I personally miss him more when he's out of the lineup than any other player. It's a different game without him, I hope we sign him for 8 years. The guy sacrifices his body for our team to an absolutely comical extent, he's like the overexagerrated stereotype meme of what a hockey player is & I love it

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Lemieux needs to learn what the expert veteran goons have learned: how to tiptoe he line , play with an edge but avoid getting game misconducts lol. He’s not very useful if he spends half the game in the box and giving the other team PPs, even if the calls are bs the refs are infallible sadly.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Thank god

Team isn’t nearly as entertaining or dirty without him

Panarin not entertaining enough?

source.gif

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I think I personally miss him more when he's out of the lineup than any other player. It's a different game without him, I hope we sign him for 8 years. The guy sacrifices his body for our team to an absolutely comical extent, he's like the overexagerrated stereotype meme of what a hockey player is & I love it

Yeah I’m with you, Lemmy has slowly but surely become my favorite Ranger. Love his style of play as well. What’s really been surprising to me was how much faster Lemmy is and what a better and more powerful skater he is this year compared to last year.

Hence my joking in my previous post about Kakko getting a hold of Lemieux’s off-season trainer cause Kakko could use a big time dose of whatever techniques Lemmy used during his offseason training regimen.

Maybe I’m on an island here but Lemieux has shown, at least to me he has, that he has some underrated offensive skills and that with a full season, he could turn into a consistent 15-20 goal...30-40 point guy who flirts with 100 PIMS per year.

You do that which I really think is realistic #’s for Lemmy along with all his sandpaper (he does have some pretty good pedigree following in his Daddys footsteps...eh?...lol), he pretty much becomes an irreplaceable player in the lineup...:nod:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
If he was on any other team, he might be the most hated player in the NHL to Rangers fans.

Absolutely.

And that's why I love him so much.
Nah, not for me. I’m not a fan of the whole “I f***ed your sister” chirp (if he did in fact say that), but other than that, his chippiness is mostly clean, and I can respect that. Kinda like Prust and Dorsett both before and after we had them. Guys like Wilson (thug) and Marchand (punk-ass dirty rat) would be waaaaay below him in my estimation.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Anyone else have objections to a Brandon Tanev type deal for Lemieux in the off-season?

6 years 3.5 AAV

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Nah, not for me. I’m not a fan of the whole “I ****ed your sister” chirp (if he did in fact say that), but other than that, his chippiness is mostly clean, and I can respect that. Kinda like Prust and Dorsett both before and after we had them. Guys like Wilson (thug) and Marchand (punk-ass dirty rat) would be waaaaay below him in my estimation.

I believe you believe that.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Very possible that he may.

The leverage for management with these negotiations is that this will be his first opportunity for a significant pay day. Up until now he is has been six figures year to year (for the past two seasons in the NHL).
I get it. And I would do it. I'm just saying he might be willing to bet on himself and his ability to do better.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Anyone else have objections to a Brandon Tanev type deal for Lemieux in the off-season?

6 years 3.5 AAV

No objections whatsoever tho the dollar amount seems a bit high compared to what I was thinking Gorton and Lemmy will agree upon. Heck if I were Lemmys agent I’d pounce on a deal like that.

As much as I love me some Lemieux and all he brings to the table, he’s still never even put a full season together. And tho I would love to lock him up to a 5-6 year deal like you suggest, I was thinking something more in the 3 years $2.3-2.5 AAV seems much more apropos and likely.

If Lemieux continues his ascension by end of contract, he’ll be what...26-27...he can than get himself a much sweeter payday.

Bottom line...Lemieux being a member of this team going forward is an essential piece for the Rangers future success once this rebuild has played itself out!.

Reactions: Cag29

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
So glad he is progressing. Couldn't come at a better time. Right after the All Star Break when things heat up and get serious. He will be a needed kick in the butt for this team.

Hopefully, we will head into the break on a winning note. One game on the Island and then two at home, where we have been playing well. Plus the two at home, against CBJ and NYI we will have the advantage in scheduling. CBJ will be playing the 3rd game in 4 days. NYI,.. their 4th game in 6 days.

This is looking good. Who knows, we might make a playoff run.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I get it. And I would do it. I'm just saying he might be willing to bet on himself and his ability to do better.

For sure. I would think a 4 year deal at a reasonable hit that took him to his first and youngest eligible year of UFA would be the right compromise, as opposed to 6 years.

27 year old UFAs are doing much better on the market right now than 29-30.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Nah, not for me. I’m not a fan of the whole “I ****ed your sister” chirp (if he did in fact say that), but other than that, his chippiness is mostly clean, and I can respect that. Kinda like Prust and Dorsett both before and after we had them. Guys like Wilson (thug) and Marchand (punk-ass dirty rat) would be waaaaay below him in my estimation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad