Injury Report: Brendan Lemieux fractured hand

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Fogerty or Boo make the most sense.

Feel like DiGuiseppe is better suited for a 3rd line role.

Do not call up Kravtsov. Let him continue working in Hartford and building his confidence and game.

Probably would have been Andersson if hd didn't go full asshole

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Fogerty or Boo make the most sense.

Feel like DiGuiseppe is better suited for a 3rd line role.

Do not call up Kravtsov. Let him continue working in Hartford and building his confidence and game.

Probably would have been Andersson if hd didn't go full *******

They won't even dare thinking of calling up VK. Or at least they shouldn't

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Bummer, I look forward to Lemieux shifts. Guess it'll be Andersson Fogarty.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
My guess would be Nieves or DiGiuseppe. They are the two best skaters besides Kravtsov.

The way Lias had been playing before he left I don't think he would have been the call up.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Loss of Lemieux fundamentally changes the dynamic of the team energy. Panarin/Zibanejad aside, Lemieux is arguably most valuable. Enormous loss. Hoping for close to 2 weeks rather than 2 months.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Fogarty sucks, why even waste the time to call him up? Marek Hrivik all over again.
Because his game has really developed the past two years, even if he's older. Nieves sucks, Lettieri is literally completely worthless, and Di Giuseppe is mediocre at best. Fogarty has been the best overall player on Hartford for two years now, why not give him another look instead of putting Micheal Haley, who is an absolute abomination, back into the lineup? Fogarty also excels on the PK and can play all three forward positions.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Because his game has really developed the past two years, even if he's older. Nieves sucks, Lettieri is literally completely worthless, and Di Giuseppe is mediocre at best. Fogarty has been the best overall player on Hartford for two years now, why not give him another look instead of putting Micheal Haley, who is an absolute abomination, back into the lineup? Fogarty also excels on the PK and can play all three forward positions.
In other words, he doesn’t suck and is the perfect fit for a 4th line spot at the moment. There’s no need to rush Kravtsov just yet when he’s only had the chance to string 5 good games together. He’ll get his promotion to NY in 6-7 weeks

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Just my opinion, but I’d give it to Beleskey. Replaces the grit lost without Lemieux in the lineup and he’s not an ECHL player like Haley.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just my opinion, but I’d give it to Beleskey. Replaces the grit lost without Lemieux in the lineup and he’s not an ECHL player like Haley.
IDK about Beleskey. Stylistically he's similar to Lemieux, but he hasn't been an effective NHL player for four years and is kind of mediocre in the AHL, even. Plus I think his daily cap hit is $15K and I think the team is trying to bank as much space as possible. His salary is a lot to swallow for what he likely brings, even just for a month or so. JMO.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like Haley in certain situations but not as an every game player at all. Against the Carolina's, Montreal's and Toronto's there is no need. I can see him against teams like LA, Anaheim, San Jose, Nashville, Vegas, Boston, Islanders--maybe the Caps---the heavier teams. We're about halfway and he's played 17 games--that's about right.

I like Fogarty. He's just not as good of a skater as Nieves or DiGiuseppe though and whoever comes up is coming up in a 4th line checking role. I'm not expecting much offense really. Beleskey's got the grit but he's not a great skater at all. Lemieux's got elements that no one else in our organization matches up well with. I would lean towards 3 forwards over Fogarty here--Nieves, DiGiuseppe, Gettinger. All that said Fogarty is a really good soldier for us. He's an honest hockey player that's worked hard at his game and hard for the organization. He's easy to like.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The silver lining... the all-star game next month, taking another 'bye-week'/10 days off.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
As much as I love Lemieux and what he brings to this club that is invaluable, of late, his play has been poor. Not the usual Lemieux we are accustom to. Looked like he needed a break anyway. This may be for the best. Let him rest up and get reenergized. He'll be back better than ever. Being it is his hand, he can continue to skate.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad