Confirmed with Link: Brendan Leipsic: 1 year x $700K

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Eller is big and plays big. Like Backstrom he is a load and takes the punishment to hold the puck. protect the puck. Battle for the puck. Yea, he goes missing from scoring but what he does is get and hold the puck. You cant beat him off the possession. Being willing to take the punishment is the opposite of soft.

Meanwhile, RH will school you on the NHL stats definition of a hit.

I thought I saw, years and years ago, that a hit is registered when an opposing player “touches” another and that player loses possession of the puck?

In other words, when Willy pounds a guy into the boards just after he passes the puck.....that ain’t registering on the hit-o-meter.

Reactions: Futures Passed

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Exactly. When the playoffs start, the leashes are off those guys more than any other type of player. With a flip of the proverbial playoff switch, charging, cross checking, boarding, are overlooked far more than in the regular season. If your 4th line is soft, they remain soft all playoff long.

Heck Reaves grossly crosschecked Carlson before scoring and refs were just doing what they were told to do, let them play. Sure it was a bad non call but refs DO know, they need to back off and let the players decide games. I always catch grief but still say Vegas was stupid to bench the only player on their team with a sack enough to stand up to Willy and friends, who is able to exploit the dynamic rules. With Reaves in the box, Willy then took out Karlson, Oshie took out Carrot Top Eakin and others, and the rest is history.

Buttercup... beautiful. I hate that short dirty players like him get away with kicking motions to make themselves get higher during hits. His little mule kick irritates me to no end. The other that comes to mind, Pat "Calf Cutter" Verbeek.

Love Koken's passion

That video makes my blood still boil. I hate Verbeek!

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Yeah our bottom 6 was soft as melted butter last year.

While Conno and Eller provided offense, the rest were lame. When you are playing soft, you gotta be even steven or better on the ledger; play kick ass defense and score occasional timely goals. You just cannot play soft, never score, be a -13 and expect to have a job. If I were a 4LW and realized I had no goals and no PIMs halfway through the year, I would go out and take a charge or boarding penalty to start the game after I wake up from "la la we won a cup" land. Go the box slam the door rip the helmet off shake the head "no" and act all pissed off.

If I could make a meme I would make one of Bob Probert and Bob Boughner asking Chandler: “So what do you really do here” as the two Bob’s from Office Space.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Leipsie may be a modern day Kevin Kaminski

I used to think of KK as a Dale Hunter lite, in that he was scrappy as hell, short, and played center. Heck, he even wore 23, vs Dale's 32.

If this guy is a top tier agitator, that would be glorious for my entertainment in the upcoming 7 month preseason.

This may easily have been Killer's best showing

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Killer will always be my favorite Capital. In the era of WWF forehead-slices to make blood for show, Kaminsky’s out-bled them all. The guy would fight a bulldozer if he thought it would help his team.

He may have actually bled more than Matt Bradley. Every search of his seems to return a blood pic.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Killer will always be my favorite Capital. In the era of WWF forehead-slices to make blood for show, Kaminsky’s out-bled them all. The guy would fight a bulldozer if he thought it would help his team.
John Kordic might have bled and made someone bleed every game as a Cap

Reactions: Charles Calvert

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I loved Kordic. I wished he had stuck around longer.

Yep, one of the colorful characters of the yesteryear game...

The characters of the game have largely vanished. I am still pissed that it seems like Don Cherry neutered goal celly's,

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Yep, one of the colorful characters of the yesteryear game...

The characters of the game have largely vanished. I am still pissed that it seems like Don Cherry neutered goal celly's,
I don’t know, I watched that Toronto-Chicago game last year, with this wave of Americans I was hoping we could enter a golden age of cellies

Panthers/Leafs fan

Sep 5, 2008
Santa Barbara, CA
Kings fan coming in peace:

I think you guys are going to love Brendan Leipsic.

The Kings GM said he wants to change the mindset of his team, and is looking for players who never give up, play a 200 foot game, are not afraid to dig pucks out of corners or go to net, have a lot of speed, and always give 100%

And what does he do? He lets Leipsic go—who is the very description of what they are supposed to be looking for.

I admit I wasn't impressed when he was first picked up by the Kings. The HF board comments from Vancouver were anything but impressive. But what I, and others, saw quickly changed our mind.

You got a steal. He's a wonderful depth player. I would never describe him as gritty, but he worked his butt off all the time and made everyone around him better. The Kings were a crap team last year, and if just 25% of the team showed half the desire that Leipsic did EVERY NIGHT (!) then the last season would have been a better story.

My son and I have agreed, we're going to watch the odd Washington game to see how he's doing. He quickly became one of our favorite players and impressed us, day in, day out, with his performance.

Well done, Caps! Congrats.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Kings fan coming in peace:

I think you guys are going to love Brendan Leipsic.

The Kings GM said he wants to change the mindset of his team, and is looking for players who never give up, play a 200 foot game, are not afraid to dig pucks out of corners or go to net, have a lot of speed, and always give 100%

And what does he do? He lets Leipsic go—who is the very description of what they are supposed to be looking for.

I admit I wasn't impressed when he was first picked up by the Kings. The HF board comments from Vancouver were anything but impressive. But what I, and others, saw quickly changed our mind.

You got a steal. He's a wonderful depth player. I would never describe him as gritty, but he worked his butt off all the time and made everyone around him better. The Kings were a crap team last year, and if just 25% of the team showed half the desire that Leipsic did EVERY NIGHT (!) then the last season would have been a better story.

My son and I have agreed, we're going to watch the odd Washington game to see how he's doing. He quickly became one of our favorite players and impressed us, day in, day out, with his performance.

Well done, Caps! Congrats.

So you're really "Panthers/Leafs/Kings/Capitals fan" then. Nice.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Chris Valentine is pissed!

Heavyweight? No need to watch after the fight... just the standard 1980's 30 minute delay after a brawl

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I find he gives me Jason Krog vibes. Like he's suited for a top-six role, but can't do it as well in the NHL but can do it in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->