Confirmed with Link: Brendan Leipsic: 1 year x $700K

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
I live near Vancouver and he played pretty well in his short time there. He's definitely got some skill and finish for a 4th line player. He's tenacious and works very hard.

This is a good signing.

He tends to be liked everywhere he goes. Vancouver fans thought he was ok. LA fans liked him.

I guess it's just the life of a limited tool 4th liner. Good effort and ok production, but highly replaceable.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Stephenson didn't take a penalty last year. Good for him.

But that tells me he is avoiding contact and is not giving his all. It opened the door for Leipzig Leipsic, or as his friends call him..... Lippy?

I actually like Boyd as top 6 injury depth/13, but like so many other skill guys, waste away when forced into more traditional checking roles. I don't see Lipsy taking Boyd's spot.

Requisite Fight

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Hopefully, he is. Why? Because that means he'll be playing exceptionally well and will have earned it.
Or it means there's a lack of better options.
Maybe he finds an extra gear now that he's away from terrible teams like Vancouver and Los Angeles, but I'm skeptical at this point. He's fine as a 13th/14th forward, but I don't love him as #12.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Or it means there's a lack of better options.
Maybe he finds an extra gear now that he's away from terrible teams like Vancouver and Los Angeles, but I'm skeptical at this point. He's fine as a 13th/14th forward, but I don't love him as #12.

If someone better steps up, so be it. King of the Hill for the 4th line. :)

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Stephenson didn't take a penalty last year. Good for him.

But that tells me he is avoiding contact and is not giving his all.
It opened the door for Leipzig Leipsic, or as his friends call him..... Lippy?

I actually like Boyd as top 6 injury depth/13, but like so many other skill guys, waste away when forced into more traditional checking roles. I don't see Lipsy taking Boyd's spot.

Requisite Fight

Fwiw, he only had 8 penalty minutes the year before

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I live near Vancouver and he played pretty well in his short time there. He's definitely got some skill and finish for a 4th line player. He's tenacious and works very hard.

This is a good signing.

This is what any team needs and traffic area activity. I want to run around in circles like Nylander when I see those perimeter players afraid of traffic and getting dirty. No need to be flashy or fancy, just do the hard work and get under opponents skin. First time in a while where I wanted the new season to start in August :).

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
People kind of **** on the signing that he hasn't really made it on any team. He also hasn't been in the AHL in three years.

A 4th line needs to be hungry. Stephenson was absolutely not. I think Stephenson might have a bigger tool box than Leipsic, but I really like how Leipsic utilizes his tool box.

That’s what she said.

I remember the guy in LA, the name anyway. Don’t remember anything about him besides that.

Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
I like what I’ve read so far honestly. He’s fast, skilled, plays hard, and gets in your face all game long. The man has been called the most annoying player to play against and previously won an award for “top agitator” for goodness sake. He definitely fits the pattern of making this team harder to play against.

Individually and cumulatively, I think it adds up. We need to be the hunter again and not the hunted. Leipsic, Hathaway, Gudas, Wilson, Ovie: Cup run 2.0 “The Caps are back and, this time, they’re mad.”

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I noticed that Chandler was -13. That on a team with few minus players and the worst by far isn't a good look. Makes you wonder if he reads or his use of the system was flawed seriously

Last edited:

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
I noticed that Chandler was -13. That on a team with few minus players and the worst by far isn't a good look. Makes you wonder if he reads or his use of the system was flawed seriously

He didn't pass the eye test. He LOOKED completely ineffective and was completely floating around a lot. He looked totslly lost compared to previous season.

Alan May complained about guys who may have really good speed not using it effectively. He was 100% talking about Stephenson, and he was right.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe 81 had a sophomore slump of sorts. That used to be a thing, back in the day.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I like what I’ve read so far honestly. He’s fast, skilled, plays hard, and gets in your face all game long. The man has been called the most annoying player to play against and previously won an award for “top agitator” for goodness sake. He definitely fits the pattern of making this team harder to play against.

Individually and cumulatively, I think it adds up. We need to be the hunter again and not the hunted. Leipsic, Hathaway, Gudas, Wilson, Ovie: Cup run 2.0 “The Caps are back and, this time, they’re mad.”

Most annoying player to play against.... that's Dale Hunter country.

Me likes! No wonder BMac went after him. And me thinks Garnet will be sticking up for him a few times.

Funny, I just read part II of your post and see you used the word hunter and hunted heh. Great minds!

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Kind of funny if you think how the Caps agitators or the guys that you had to look out for used to be all on the top 6 (Ovechkin, Wilson, Oshie) rather than the bottom 6 (those 3rd and 4th lines last year in terms of sandpaper... woof). Like a bizarro NHL team.

I suppose it's a little more balanced out now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad