Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Who cares where he ranks, any coach worth his salt would play Gally as his top winger. The guy does so much more than just points or goals. He can take an entire team on his back with his attitude. If a player isn't performing put him with Gally.

BG is the type of player coaches love, and he also produces.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
But a helluva amazing 3rd line RW on a contender that is even considered a favourite!

The 30 goals with Plekanec proves that Gallagher can likely easily score 30 goals as a 3rd line RW if the team is deep and he has decent line mates as 3rd liners (Danault and Tatar, for example, nothing unimaginable).
We go from calling Danault a second line player to calling Gallagher a third liner... Okay, yeah, sure.

Reactions: Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sorry, but this argument always makes me chuckle. If I take away the good line mates and the ice time, the 3rd player on a line will produce less?

No kidding, Jack! No kidding.

However, with Danault, you are forgetting ONE VERY IMPORTANT COMPARISON ELEMENT:

Danault will likely get over 50 points this season while playing in a shutdown role against opponents' best lines, YET, HE GETS NEXT TO NO PP TIME, UNLIKE OTHER TEAMS' 2Cs!

If Danault was a staple on the PP, he'd likely get over 60 points this season, IMO. No, not a Malkin, but an excellent 2nd line C in terms of production, no?

Never mind, you won't agree in your, "stick to my argument mode", even if it has a bunch of holes in it.
There's a reason why Danault is not used on the PP, and it's surely not ebcause he'd be a 15+ points PP producer.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
what do you do with him when he's a UFA at 29? do you give him the 7 mill he's worth or let him walk? I'm pretty sure he'll start to break down around 30. very risky to give him term..
and yes i agree he's easily a 40 goal scorer with mcjesus

Reactions: Redux91

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
what do you do with him when he's a UFA at 29? do you give him the 7 mill he's worth or let him walk? I'm pretty sure he'll start to break down around 30. very risky to give him term..
and yes i agree he's easily a 40 goal scorer with mcjesus

I don't see him as the type to demand big money. Or at least he won't take the habs to the cleaners.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Gallagher is simply a beast love his attitudes and his honest play. His gonna give his all for this team night after nighy. Barely take a shift off. Got his hand broke twice and yet he still in traffic all night long.

I don't know alot of team, even contender team with a 35 goal scorer on a third line lol where they do that at ? And its not just that. He lead by exemple, His forecheck is good, hes reliable defensively & he aint afraid to go in the dirty area. Put some respect on his name how can you possibly still labeled him as a 3rd line winger lol.

Btw im one of those who like danault. I think he lack of creativity but he's a honest player. He have the knowledge of his ability and play the game well. He read the play well, hes a safe player that wont try the flashy move at 30% succes probabilty. He'll do the easy play at 100%. he strong on fo and really good defensively. But if you're serious about the fact that Danault(What I honestly doubt) would be a 60 pts player 2nd C rescpectable. I dont know how you can be this close minded about the fact that Gally with an effective pp and a real offensive center could reach the 35-35.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I called this level of performance from his rookie season.

So many fans doubted his ability to become a legit sniper, but imo you see the trajectory unfolding from his draft year on & as soon as he showed his ability to handle the jump to the NHL despite his size, it was a matter of time before he'd get to this consistent level.

Athletes wired like him continuously improve far longer than more "talented" guys (like Drouin), so while the initial impact isn't as sexy, betting on a long steady upward slope is warranted.

(I've been wrong on far more bets about player development than I've hit, to be sure... But like PK becoming a Norris caliber dman, this one was a slam dunk in my mind from a very early point. Just wish I could've actually bet on it lol)

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Also Scott Gomez :nod:

Ughh, I was trying to ignore that one. He was obviously nothing like those other guys.

If you want to go further back than Muller, it was Ryan walter.

All of them are blood sweat and tears kind of guys.... Just Gomez doesn't quite fit in.

Reactions: Habs10Habs and the

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->