Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher: Workin' Hard for His Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Yet managed 9 shots on goal

That’s nothing to be impressed. He always shoot the puck when he’s in the offensive zone even if he has 0% chance of scoring. Most of the time the best option would be waiting for a play to form but he will just shoot it hoping that the goalie gets surprised or provide juicy rebound.

Last edited:

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That’s nothing to be impressed. He always shoot the puck when he’s in the offensive zone even if he has 0% chance of scoring. Most of the time the best option would be waiting for a play to form but he will just shoot it hoping that the goalie gets surprised or provide juicy rebound.

Sure his shots are not always dangerous,but he's not much of a passer and and often does create rebounds or freezes the play,better than a pure turnover.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
La Presse (20/08/05): Gallagher absent à l’entraînement?
Du moins, on ne l’aperçoit à aucun moment dans le montage de quatre minutes que l’équipe a publié, même dans les vues d’ensemble où il est possible de voir tous les joueurs sur la patinoire. Le Canadien a refusé de confirmer ou d’infirmer à La Presse l’absence de Gallagher.

On devine que la présence de Gallagher fait partie des « décisions d’avant-match » auxquelles Claude Julien a fait référence lors de son point de presse de mercredi midi.

Pendant le match de lundi, Gallagher a retraité brièvement au vestiaire après cette séquence. Son absence à l’entraînement ne signifie pas pour autant qu’il ratera le match de mercredi soir. Des joueurs vont parfois faire l’impasse sur l’entraînement afin de se donner un maximum de temps de guérison.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Love Gally, but he has been terrible so far in the series. Anytime puck touches his stick, it is a giveaway or a dead play. Hopefully he can pick it up a bit...

Reactions: angusyoung

dak000

Jan 16, 2017
Love Gally, but he has been terrible so far in the series. Anytime puck touches his stick, it is a giveaway or a dead play. Hopefully he can pick it up a bit...

He's obviously playing on a broken foot/ankle.

Reactions: cphabs

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Gallagher-PressConference(20/08/05)

“That's what the Playoffs are about. We're playing arguably the most experienced team in the league. We're learning. We're going through these growing pains For us to have kinda that attitude makes that nothing affect our game. We thought we were still playing pretty good hockey. For our team to respond that way I think that’s a pretty good sign going forward. Gaining that experience to become more dangerous.”

“We responded very well and each lines did that. We've been challenged a little bit of a shake up. A different look of the opposition but we've still've to go out there and do the job. We made changes and we ended winning the game after being down by two, that's was a positive effect..”

“Any chance you get to be in the lineup you’re going to… as long as you can help the team, you’re going to be out there. I'd never put myself in a situation where I’m going to hurt the team. Hopefully I was able to contribute tonight. Ging forward, it’s the same thing for everyone that puts on that sweater. Everyone’s going to be going through different things and you’ve just got to be willing to do your job. I thought as a team everyone did that tonight.”

“Both goals (Byron, Petry) were just about handling the puck, hard work and work ethics. In Game 1, we were okay with the power play, we wanted to build on it. In Game 2, we were pretty disappointing with our efforts. We wanted to come in Game 3 and just building momentums. If you simplify, you've a positive impact on the game on the game and going forward it'd be huge. Guys were competing and were at the right spot putting the puck on the net...”

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I have mixed opinion on re-signing him. He has a lot of hard miles on him. But he is a warrior. Getting older, he will demand a lot of term. Going to take a lot of cash to sign him. He'll also bring ton in a trade. Hard decision.
Warrior? Absolutely! Kid has taken a beating for us. Business/asset wise? TRADE. I have absolutely no confidence that our front office has the foresight to trade him to a contender before its too late.

Reactions: Tanknation

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I have mixed opinion on re-signing him. He has a lot of hard miles on him. But he is a warrior. Getting older, he will demand a lot of term. Going to take a lot of cash to sign him. He'll also bring ton in a trade. Hard decision.
We absolutely should trade him soon. He's the next Shaw, he's breaking down, fast. Heck, he had 4 months to heal whatever he had and he looks like he's in pain at every play stoppage.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
How can fans call this guy the heart and soul of this team?

He's been horrible.

Last edited:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
He ain't got Plekanec and Pacioretty to hide behind no more.

He's now the center of attention and he hasn't been producing.

It's nice to have someone give his 100% but it's worth nothing if they can't produce.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
sure but if he's genuinely playing hurt he's not playing bad by any means.

Hiding behind Pleks though? Really? Pleks was middling for quite a few seasons at the end there.

All that said, you have to think long and hard about trading him. And I genuinely mean you have to THINK about it.

Sure he could break down but he was pacing for career highs across the board even in this garbage season. Doesn't seem like he is at the moment. He seems to be just getting better.

He leaves a BIG hole that I'm not sure we can quite fill. He's probably going to want a BIG contract though which COULD back fire.

I think you have to keep him. There's other guys we should probably trade first. I realize also that you didn't mention trading him in this post. I'm a bit tipsy. lol. Just talking to the others who are mentioning trading him.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
I fully expect him to bounce back next round. I have been harsh on him as he has been bad, but the guy always bounces back. People are to bi polar on here. Guy has proven time and again he can get dirty and score.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Clearly hurt.

And the shot he blocked with his foot in the first period yesterday won’t get noticed by many but was a stud move. Very few players in the league would block a shot like that.

Reactions: Archijerej

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
We absolutely should trade him soon. He's the next Shaw, he's breaking down, fast. Heck, he had 4 months to heal whatever he had and he looks like he's in pain at every play stoppage.
I think Montreal will re-sign him to mega long term contract and regret it. Big time. Something like 6 years and 42 million.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Love the lil guy but, we are absolutely going to dread his next contract should they go through with it..

we said the same thing about max and they did something about it that became our new #1 center..

Sick of being a team full of 5"8's, just sick of it. If Bergevin can trade the 6"2 39 goal scoring captain, he can trade the 5"8 30ish goal scoring Assistant captain

The wheels are already starting to fall off on Gallagher as many of us predicted just a couple years ago

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He ain't got Plekanec and Pacioretty to hide behind no more.

He's now the center of attention and he hasn't been producing.

It's nice to have someone give his 100% but it's worth nothing if they can't produce.

He's continued to produce just fine without those guys.

It's clear that he's playing through something since early on in this series. We've seen him grimacing, and limping through the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->