Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher: Workin' Hard for His Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Just because you find it disgraceful, that does not make it untrue. The second hand injury from standing in front of the net. Either he's wearing too short of gloves, is fragile, or he's simply not that good at it. What good is he when injured? He's too important to go missing from an injury he only seems to get.. hence he's a numbnuts.

Stop being so dramatic, it's a message board. You think all of your comments are 10/10 gems?

I don’t understand this post at all. Gallagher makes a living from standing in front of the net and he’s one of the best at it despite his size. Injuries are inevitable when you’re playing in dirty areas like he does but players like that are essential to any team. He’s not fragile.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I don’t understand this post at all. Gallagher makes a living from standing in front of the net and he’s one of the best at it despite his size. Injuries are inevitable when you’re playing in dirty areas like he does but players like that are essential to any team. He’s not fragile.
Was a very bizarre post.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Digging into Gally’s stats to answer posters saying Hyman was better...I find myself quite amazed at his 5v5 stats.

First in high danger scoring chances (even with the missed games and less TOI then most first liners)

First in expected goal every season. The 3 seasons combined he is at 1.32 per 60, Matthews is third at 1.08, for reference.

2nd in goals per 60 minutes behind only Matthews.

First or second in all % advanced stats...Corsi, x goals, high danger chances...

The consistency is also phenomenal between the 3 seasons.

I’m not sure people realize how important he is at even strength. Personally I thought I knew, but his impact is even larger then I thought.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Gally is going to have sooooooooooo much energy in this series, it's going to be awesome!!! I can't wait for some of that look he gives his opponents.......you know that smile that makes ya wanna smack him!! lol
Hope he can be a difference maker!!

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Getting Gallagher back is going to be a big boost for this team.

Last edited:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Getting Gallagher back is going to be a big boost for this team.

Lol literally "stone" hands.

So he'll be "at 100%" (*Butthead laugh*) with his 7 working fingers and his Michelin gloves.

We've got this mushy hands situation on our hands for several years to come. Some days it won't be easy, despite how much we love his contributions over the years.

The shot is gone, he can't pull a Lehkonen snipe and I can't believe I'm typing that right now..! o_O

He can whack 'em in with the best of them. He can win board battles if he gets there on time. That's pretty much it.

My guess is he won't get 1st line ice time next year and he'll be completely ok with it.

Reactions: DAChampion

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
We all love Gally and he should be a playoff performer, but has never been good in the playoffs other than in his sophomore season when he had 11 points in 17 games. Always hurt or out of gas comes playoff time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad