Player Discussion Brendan Gallagher: Workin' Hard for His Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
maybe numbnuts will wear learn how to stand in front of the net one day, he's the only guy getting broken limbs doing so.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
maybe numbnuts will wear learn how to stand in front of the net one day, he's the only guy getting broken limbs doing so.
How about starting with simply going for the puck along the boards / in the corners / behind the net vs doing the poke check twirl?

I am starting to get concerned that wrist injury in fact has not only hurt the power / accuracy in his shot but also ability to dipsy doodle the puck - if his skill has been compromised, not good.....

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
How about starting with simply going for the puck along the boards / in the corners / behind the net vs doing the poke check twirl?

I am starting to get concerned that wrist injury in fact has not only hurt the power / accuracy in his shot but also ability to dipsy doodle the puck - if his skill has been compromised, not good.....

Its like he watches Rudy before every game, and purposely plays with reckless abandon.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If we bring in a player and gally is still on LTIR, we don’t have to worry about being cap compliant for the playoffs, right? Gally can comeback and we don’t need to remove a roster player because of cap implications? If that is correct then there was no better time for this to happen.
I believe you are correct but I'm not 100 percent on that.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

It's amazing how many times he's managed to get himself shot in the hand.

Speaking of which. If you haven't seen this movie, you should definitely see it someday.

Rustlers Rhapsody

Last edited:
Reactions: True Tick and Tin

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Arent playoffs starting early May?

Does this mean we need to win a round or 2 to see Gally back this season?

Knowing Gally he will play in the playoffs even if he is not fully healed.

Habs are scheduled to end regular season on May 11th so playoffs are not likely to begin before mid May. That should already be around 6 weeks.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-4-10_20-6-48.png

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
GallagherStats(29/04/21):

View attachment 428863

He's extremely important.

But those stats are skewed. We were great at the beginning of the year with Gallagher, when the league hadn't adjusted to us. But we then tailed off, with Gallagher still in the lineup, when the league did make adjustments to us. Still, we were much better than 4-8-0 with him in the lineup only considering our record after our hot start. In fact we were exactly .500 by my count since February 4th until gallagher's injury (april 5th), as we were 8-8-9(2) , i.e. 2 OT/SO wins, 7 looses.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
so mainly head injuries and hand injuries. The hand injuries should heal. Hopefully he can stay away from the concussions, in a league that doesn't protect players from head injuries (see the slap on the wrist to Niskanen for cross checking Gallagher in the head full force).

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
How’s the back Gally? Nice break from having to carry your line mates all season.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I mean in reality its just a hairline thumb fracture, like it could be way worse, but bones need that amount of time to heal anyway so i get the 6 weeks, its the Ligament injuries are sooo much worse and worrisome, whats BETTEr tho is people forget he looked to have injured his groin or hip in the game right before so if anything im just glad all this time off will heal THAT more than some wtv thumb, and he'll be back right in time for the playoffs which is a good thing
I give him a fair share of criticism when warranted but like it or not, we do need him.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Are you basing that on his goal numbers? Because that would be weird.

Reactions: HabstuckinTO

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

If you were talking about Drouin, I’d share you sentiment......Gallagher mucks for his goals, he doesn’t prance and dance for a scoring opportunities.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Your post is nothing short of disgraceful......numbnuts.....???....really????

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Your post is nothing short of disgraceful......numbnuts.....???....really????

Just because you find it disgraceful, that does not make it untrue. The second hand injury from standing in front of the net. Either he's wearing too short of gloves, is fragile, or he's simply not that good at it. What good is he when injured? He's too important to go missing from an injury he only seems to get.. hence he's a numbnuts.

Stop being so dramatic, it's a message board. You think all of your comments are 10/10 gems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad