Brendan Gallagher: Kozun 2.0?

arsmaster*

Gallagher will get drafted though, possibly because of Kozun's success.

forty47seven

May 2, 2009
Brendan Gallagher Profile

Love this kids work ethic and attitude. Where is projected in the draft? I'm hoping the 4th so the Canucks can snag him. :P

Random fact: I went to high school with Sunny Lenarduzzi (daughter of Canadian soccer legend Bob Lenarduzzi). I guess that makes me a celebrity.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I was friends with BrenBren in high school and I was on his hockey team when we were in Bantam. He's a hell of a player. He'll give 100% every shift. He's a sneaky and gifted offensive player as well. If any small player has the heart and skill to make it, it's BrenBren.

Best luck BrenBren!

arsmaster*

He's projected to be undrafted.

What are you talking about?????

Central scouting has him 152 in the midterm NA skaters. 210 draft picks, 58 for Euros and goalies and he is picked.

Plus, the kid has upped him game down the stretch and will likely be ranked around 100-120 in the next rankings.

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
What are you talking about?????

Central scouting has him 152 in the midterm NA skaters. 210 draft picks, 58 for Euros and goalies and he is picked.

Plus, the kid has upped him game down the stretch and will likely be ranked around 100-120 in the next rankings.

Well, he's not even rated in redline pro ranking

kitchen44

Mar 27, 2010
Love this kids work ethic and attitude. Where is projected in the draft? I'm hoping the 4th so the Canucks can snag him. :P

Random fact: I went to high school with Sunny Lenarduzzi (daughter of Canadian soccer legend Bob Lenarduzzi). I guess that makes me a celebrity.

no such thing:naughty:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Interesting looking prospect. 15 points in 5 games can't hurt .

DoctorDoak

Mar 21, 2006
Ontario
Well, he's not even rated in redline pro ranking

Red Line's decent, but it's by no means authoritative. I have a hunch there's a good reason that Kyle Woodlief didn't get a job with another NHL team after Nashville.

About Gallagher, though, I've watched him for years, and I would be ok if a team took a flyer on him in the late rounds. Small players like Gallagher are hard to gauge, though... he's in that range where he could be drafted if an individual team is high on him, but he could not be as well. Reminds me a bit of Kruise Reddick with Tri-City, that way - small gifted player that was ranked but not taken.

smilingpolitely

Jan 10, 2010
He was 16th in league scoring with 41 goals and 81 points and 111 pms. He and Jordan Weal are going to be steals in this years draft

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
He was 16th in league scoring with 41 goals and 81 points and 111 pms. He and Jordan Weal are going to be steals in this years draft

Steals? How can they be steals if they never play more than half a NHL season? I'm not convinced midget prospect can succeed in the NHL unless they were dominating leagues at a young age (see P.Kane).

i.e NCAA/CHL/AHL are filled with undersized (and slightly older) forwards leading their leagues in points.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
You can't teach size.

It'd be a nice story if this kid makes it but the odds are stacked heavily against him...

Scoutoftheyear

Mar 26, 2010
Im shocked that he wasnt invited to the NHL combine. He is leading the whl playoffs in points. give your head a shake

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Steals? How can they be steals if they never play more than half a NHL season? I'm not convinced midget prospect can succeed in the NHL unless they were dominating leagues at a young age (see P.Kane).

i.e NCAA/CHL/AHL are filled with undersized (and slightly older) forwards leading their leagues in points.

Not sure about Gallagher but Weal's been dominant in every leauge he's been in. Still holds the record for most pts in the B.C. Major Midget League. Only player to ever hit 100 pts in that league (40 or so gm season).

Maybe they'll both be drafted by Buffalo? Compared to Gerbe, Weal's a giant. Compared to Ennis, Gallagher's a power forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad