The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12th, 2023

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So, here's what I want:

1) New map - Hyrule was great, but if this is "only" a heavily tweaked Hyrule I will be mildly disappointed. I love exploration, and seeing a changed world is quite a few steps back from seeing a new world. In that vein, I'm hoping that the sight of Hyrule castle is just the opening and the end result of it is the specter of Ganon bolting out to the east across the sea or north across the canyon or something.

2) More polish - I honestly am hoping that BotW is the prototype for the next generation of Zelda games, just fine tune everything. Gimme more weapons, more combat variety, additional cooking depth, some smithing mechanics to repair/upgrade weapons, additional Sheikah Slate abilities like the hookshot, magical abilities, and greater enemy variety.

3) Actual dungeons - being able to come across dungeons in the open world, in caves or underground or in the middle of the map, whatever. Merge some of the open air greatness of BotW with the dungeon game from earlier titles, and that's a beauty.

4) Water depth - a notable deficit area for BotW for me was the water aspect of Hyrule, as there was really nothing to do there but slowly swim and to act as an early game barrier. Give me iron boots or a Sheikah Slate scuba ability to explore river beds and the bottom of lakes and ocean floors and find some dungeons there too.

BotW is my favorite game of all time, so I have extraordinarily high hopes here.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Once I saw this I had to finish BOTW today. I've been close to finishing the game for a while, but I never really wanted it to end, but I figured today was as good as any. And it was mentioned in the other thread, but the Ganon fight was pretty anti-climatic, but a satisfying ending. This announcement was very much a pleasant surprise and I'm super excited to see how they'll follow that up.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Here's what I want:

1) Ability to turn off the weapon durability system

That is all. :laugh:
Weapon durability was actually kind of a cool way to keep you searching for weapons and determining when to use your best weapons, but the trial of the sword DLC kind of made that pointless.

I also hope for a similar event like the trial of the swords, because that was fun to ace.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Yea if I’m remembering right it was the engine/physics that took so long to perfect in BOTW. A sequel shouldn’t take toooo long.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Weapon durability was actually kind of a cool way to keep you searching for weapons and determining when to use your best weapons, but the trial of the sword DLC kind of made that pointless.

I also hope for a similar event like the trial of the swords, because that was fun to ace.

Oh I realize it's more of a pet peeve for me personally than anything else. :laugh:

That's why I'd like the option to turn it off or significantly reduce it, not get rid of it entirely....but I realize it's pretty embedded in the game experience.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oh I realize it's more of a pet peeve for me personally than anything else. :laugh:

That's why I'd like the option to turn it off or significantly reduce it, not get rid of it entirely....but I realize it's pretty embedded in the game experience.

lol it just made me into a hoarder. esp. when i got new weapons like the light sage sword or goddess sword i'm like i can't even USE THEM NOW.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
There's no way they'd just go with the same or similar map, that would be insane. What primarily makes Zelda games so great is the open world exploration.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Maybe a vendor somewhere in the game where you can pay to make a weapon indestructible, but make it super expensive. Maybe make a maximum amount of indestructible weapons you can have. A good way to get around this without having to arbitrarily make up inventory rules would be for a certain resource needed to make weapons indestructible, but make them super rare, and only have a few in the whole game.

The durability was annoying at times but I agree that it did force diversity in play styles depending on which weapons you came across, so I wouldn't want to completely get rid of it.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Was honestly thinking of doing another play-through of BOTW here soon as well. Guess that might be happening sooner than later.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Maybe a vendor somewhere in the game where you can pay to make a weapon indestructible, but make it super expensive. Maybe make a maximum amount of indestructible weapons you can have. A good way to get around this without having to arbitrarily make up inventory rules would be for a certain resource needed to make weapons indestructible, but make them super rare, and only have a few in the whole game.

The durability was annoying at times but I agree that it did force diversity in play styles depending on which weapons you came across, so I wouldn't want to completely get rid of it.

This still throws the balance of the game too out of wack. The game is designed around constantly switching weapons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->