The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12th, 2023

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Hmm.

Breath of the Wild was fantastic but what I always enjoyed about the series is they always did the next one differently than the last.

More Breath of the Wild could be lots of fun but it could certainly feel stale getting the same experience we already had with the first.

Also I want classic dungeons back.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I'm gonna assume that trailer used what looked to be the game world from the last game because the game is still early in it's development and they don't have anything else. Still though, I like how each Zelda game usually has a drastically different art style, so it would be a bit disappointing if it really is just BoTW 2.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yeah, this was the first Zelda game that I really got attached to. None of the others did anything for me, so if this is just more of the same BOTW then I'm perfectly fine with that.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I'm gonna assume that trailer used what looked to be the game world from the last game because the game is still early in it's development and they don't have anything else. Still though, I like how each Zelda game usually has a drastically different art style, so it would be a bit disappointing if it really is just BoTW 2.
My best guess is they will do something similar to OOT and MM in keeping the same engine from a critically acclaimed game and changing up the type of story.

So I'm assuming there will be no Ganon in this one.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
This symbol looks familiar. Anyone recall where it's from?

RdceQxO.png

It shows up on the dead person's jewelry too.

Edit: It is the "Crest of the Gerudo"

Crest of the Gerudo

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I was hoping they'd pull a Majora's Mask and use the same engine, art design and mechanics in a new game. I loved BOTW so much.

.... I just hope this is better than Majora's Mask turned out.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm in. BOTW is probably the only Zelda game I'd play even after beating the campaign. People say they play Animal Crossing to escape but for me if I want a relaxing escape I just pop in BOTW, turn the sound up, and just roam around Hyrule.

Whatever a sequel has, I'm in.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The only thing that BOTW 1 was missing in my books was two things;

More dungeons. While i absolutely enjoyed BOTW1's dungeons (the puzzle design while not being stupidly obtuse i thought was very well done and complex given how a lot of it appears simple on the surface) i was a bit saddened by the fact there was only 4 major ones. The design template they used was awesome and i'd love to see a couple more in the next one.

Better sidequests: I understand this was Nintendo's first foray into truly open world gameplay so the sidequests were pretty shallow and they all boiled down to "hey, fetch x for me." Understandable given the size and scope of the game. This time around i'd like to see them tinker with different ideas. I'm not expecting like Witcher 3 level detail but a bit of variation would be much welcomed imo

I really hope this is a late 2020 release too. Can't wait.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad