Breakthrough players in KHL in 2016-2017

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He developed into a really good defenseman as expected he just could just be stronger on his skates to be elite. He skates a bit like a junior player now.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He was very good for Vityaz, they are where they are in the standings in huge part thanks to him. Someone who can maybe try his luck in the NHL.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im so amped KAPRIZOV will someday play for the minnesota wild i bought a wild green jersey with no number & KAPRIZOV on the back! got it today im wearing it as i post!

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
CSKA young players have been playing great lately.

Kuzmenko, Mamin, Svetlakov, Blazhiyevskiy, Osnovin all look like they have a bright future.

Mamim especially, 7 points in last 6 games.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Few words about Traktor.
1) goalkeepers
Pavel Francouz: amazing season after last year when he was injured, looks like very good goalkeeper
Vasiliy Demchenko: big mental improvement, but has some problems with rebounds. He is good goalkeeper, but I'd rather see Sukhachyov to be starter in few yeard.
2) defensemen
Nikita Zhuldikov: has some problems this season, but I expect some improvement in future
3) forwards
Alexandr Sharov, Ilya Zinoviev: not breakthrough, but step-by-step development
Aleksey Kruchinin: became one of the leaders in the team, but not young enough

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Talking about Loko's youth line, how about CSKA's youth line of Mamin-Svetlakov-Kuzmenko? They've been among the best in the league in the last 10 games or so.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I want to bring up Tkachev again. He is well on his way to hit 40 points and finish top 20 in scoring. When is the last time a rookie did that? Hard to imagine he was snubbed from the ET team. Harder to imagine he wont get NHL attention, almost made Edmonton as an 18 Y/O now obviously has developed his game at the pro level and plays most games in the KHL on the small ice. Such a talent.

The other talented guys who are doing well lately Vovchenko/Trunev, Okulov and Kuzmenko. I think all of these guys have talent to make themselves stars, Kaprizov obviously too.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I'll also give a shout out to Kareyev, who had a "statistical" breakout since being traded to Neftekhimik. One bad game against Dinamo, but otherwise he's been impenetrable: 3 shutouts in 5 last games (including that 61-save show against Salavat), 8 goals allowed in 7 games. There's no way he doesn't get the recognition of one of the league's elite goalies, if he keeps it up.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I'll also give a shout out to Kareyev, who had a "statistical" breakout since being traded to Neftekhimik. One bad game against Dinamo, but otherwise he's been impenetrable: 3 shutouts in 5 last games (including that 61-save show against Salavat), 8 goals allowed in 7 games. There's no way he doesn't get the recognition of one of the league's elite goalies, if he keeps it up.

Kareyev is definitely one of the best in the league this season. I calculated it statistically per 60min. he has the highest shot workload in the league when with MNK *(I only calculated goalies I suspected to have higher workload, so some level of assumption used). He faced on average more than 10 shots a game than Shestyorkin in SKA, for example. Non statistical, anecdotal evidence also suggests the shots he faced were more challenging than a guy on most teams.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
oops, this game wasn't exactly a shutout, but whatever. 52 shots again, 49 saves. Kareyev seems to have grown into a hell of a goalkeeper.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Talking about Loko's youth line, how about CSKA's youth line of Mamin-Svetlakov-Kuzmenko? They've been among the best in the league in the last 10 games or so.

Yeah that line has been carrying CSKA lately. Which is great for them but extremely sad for CSKA guys like these have to do the carrying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->