Breakthrough players in KHL 2017-18

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, the players who really are braking out at this point seem to be: Byvaltsev, Kuzmenko, Andrei Alexeyev, Bryukvin, Ilya Khokhlov, Padakin, Tolvanen, Vereshchagin, Khokhlachev, Shvets-Rogovoy. There are a lot of other players who are putting themselves on the radar but those are guys with both performance and numbers to back them up.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think he isn't going to be playing for Amur in January. If some serious-yet-sane team gets him he probably plays 3rd line wing, 2nd line wing if it's something like Salavat. Really good player but not a first line talent offensively, also a wing rather than center if you have luxury to afford him there.

Like I said last year, he really reminds me the kind of players Dynamo in their glory days were built around.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
By Atlas2000's all time fav Galiev, who else :D . I like Lyamkin, he's progressed a lot in a year, hopefully he won't stop improving.
Galiev is not a 19y.o. kid and he makes teenager mistakes, boneheaded passes and giveaways every single game. He scores playing with the best players on the team, but I had to smirk, laugh or swear so many times just during the tonight's game at the arena on behalf of Galiev. And again, he is not versatile by any measure. You can't plug him ona 3rd line. There are 3-4 forwards who could easily replace him on his current line though, but they also get the job done in the bottom 6.

Lyamkin wasn't much of a story tonight, but he is a very promising young D-man for the top 4 for the years to come. Good pickup for once.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
By Atlas2000's all time fav Galiev, who else :D

Everytime I see this guy in the highlights:
img_8373.jpg

I fancy he's Atas :D

Reactions: Acallabeth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad