Breakthrough players for 2019-20 season

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Pretty much the same he has looked last year. Solid defensive player, strong skater. If he could stay healthy for 1 more year and work on his transition skills NHL future can still be there for him.

I wonder what Zub is going to do, I think he could really benefit from spending more time in the K but considering he still hasn't got an extension he is definitely thinking about leaving already.

Reactions: EXTRAS

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kochetkov had a pretty terrible season, all things considered. Trade from Sochi wasn't his choice but those who instigated it definitely made a mistake.
Romanov - not really a rookie.
Kovalenko - again, hardly a rookie.

Rookie team, as a concept, doesn't work too well in the KHL. I'd encourage to move the discussion (if there is one) to "Breakout players" thread.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Different from everyone else on this list but was anyone expecting Nikita Soshnikov to score 50-60 points rather than 30-40? His offensive upside absolutely amazed me so far.

Finished as the second leading scorer for Ufa Salavat as a 25-year-old behind former Oiler Linus Omark and led the team with 27 goals in his first season KHL season since 2014-15.

He has another year remaining on his KHL contract but does his success this season suggest potential to return to North America or is he a better fit staying in Europe?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Finished as the second leading scorer for Ufa Salavat as a 25-year-old behind former Oiler Linus Omark and led the team with 27 goals in his first season KHL season since 2014-15.

He has another year remaining on his KHL contract but does his success this season suggest potential to return to North America or is he a better fit staying in Europe?
He stated himself he wants to play out the contract and try to return to NA. Everybody not too deep into KHL should be warned though that he benefits from playing with the league's best center.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

An important thing about Soshnikov is concussion history and, unfortunately, if I understood correctly, he got another one at the end of this season.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Hello, I am wondering what you guys think about three young defensemen:

- Vlad Yeryomenko
- Ilya Morozov
- Danila Galenyuk

who is the best of the 3 defensively/offensively/overall?

Do you think any have what it takes to be a decent NHL dman down the road?

Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->