Del Mastro
Enright
Holmes
Punnett
Matier
Guryev
Mallioux
Christopolous

who do you think is most poised for an offensive breakout season?
Guryev probably won’t break out points wise but I think he’ll have a big year. I wish he would have had more of a chance to show himself this year.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Between:
Del Mastro
Enright
Holmes
Punnett
Matier
Guryev
Mallioux
Christopolous

Christopulous for sure.

I think Holmes could also have a breakout year. There is a potential spot for him to win in the top 4 next year, and if he builds on his play the second half, he very well might snatch that spot away from a vet.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Between:
Del Mastro
Enright
Holmes
Punnett
Matier
Guryev
Mallioux
Christopolous

I think offensively Christopoulos leads the pack. Defensively you’ve got Holmes and DelMastro.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Christopulous for sure.

I think Holmes could also have a breakout year. There is a potential spot for him to win in the top 4 next year, and if he builds on his play the second half, he very well might snatch that spot away from a vet.
Is the top 4 not solidified as O'Rourke/LeGuerrier/Constantinou/Calisti already? And that's if SSM doesn't add, which I assume they will

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Is the top 4 not solidified as O'Rourke/LeGuerrier/Constantinou/Calisti already? And that's if SSM doesn't add, which I assume they will
not sure if LeGuerrier is a lock to be back yet (2000-born). Holmes is intriguing and could very easily be a big piece of a trade to get an elite forward to go with Kartye/Trott/Kerins/MacKay/Pytlik/etc.

Reactions: soo hound girl

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Holmes in the second half was really good in my opinion. After he got back from the under 17's he was solid. Unfortunately he will probably be the one to include in a trade for a bigger name. I think Leguerrier will be back. He's nowhere near ready for even the ECHL. One more year in junior is probably in the cards. I'd rather not get rid of Holmes cause i think he will be a stud in the future but we will need chips to trade and i think he will be sought after.

I'd still love to see Caufield and/or Beecher in the Red and white.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Ty Voit in Sarnia. Wasn't used properly for the first half of the season but once he got elevated to the top-6 he had 19 points in the final 25 games.

Not sure if you can say a goalie had a breakout season but i think Ben Gaudreau's stats will take a pretty significant step forward.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Ty Voit in Sarnia. Wasn't used properly for the first half of the season but once he got elevated to the top-6 he had 19 points in the final 25 games.

Not sure if you can say a goalie had a breakout season but i think Ben Gaudreau's stats will take a pretty significant step forward.
You could really see the potential in Voit late last year and I think it’s significant.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Holmes in the second half was really good in my opinion. After he got back from the under 17's he was solid. Unfortunately he will probably be the one to include in a trade for a bigger name. I think Leguerrier will be back. He's nowhere near ready for even the ECHL. One more year in junior is probably in the cards. I'd rather not get rid of Holmes cause i think he will be a stud in the future but we will need chips to trade and i think he will be sought after.

I'd still love to see Caufield and/or Beecher in the Red and white.

I could see a Holmes ++ trade to the Petes for Nick Robertson.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I would love to keep Holmes, but it's looking more and more like he is our big trade chip.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
While I'd love to have Holmes on our squad I really think you need him. You keep talking about how solid your D is but the only team in the West that had more goal scored against them was Sarnia. I wouldn't blame that on your goalie or D alone as F plays a big role in Team D.......BUT he is a blue chip player I'd be keeping and building around. If you can't challenge next year you sell off one of your senior more-known D for the right assets and still have Holmes for the next few years.

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
What do you guys think in terms of the rookie 1st/2nd rounder defensemen in terms of who takes a big leap forward with offensive production? Del Maestro, Holmes, Punnett?
Del Maestro in my opinion was never an offensive guy. Between who youve mentioned, Holmes is likely to take the leap.

Nolan Dann, whom plays on Georgetown in the OJHL. He scored 26 goals and led his team in scoring by a wide-margin on a team that had a tough time scoring all year.....He might be the most underrated 2003 born of any player from that year, and certainly will show his stuff in Sarnia next year.

loved Dann, great player. That TRW team was actually really good depth without anyone recognizing.

Between:
Del Mastro
Enright
Holmes
Punnett
Matier
Guryev
Mallioux
Christopolous

maillioux is my choice here. He and Guryev played together as partners in Minor Midget and Guryev was a perfect compliment to Logan. Maillioux has some wicked hands, wheels and a shot to die for. Give him a chance with a Guryev type defensemen to help and let him take some risks and Logan Maillioux will not disappoint. IMO, the second best offensive defenseman in his draft, and the gap is smaller than most would believe.

Agree.....really were buried on 3rd and 4th line with limited ice. Bloom was a point per game over last 7 or 8 games trending towards playoffs. Big things expected from both

I loved bloom in his draft year. Never got enough recognition. I’m between him and Wyatt Johnson in taking greatest leap in production.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Wyatt Johnston and Pasquale Zito (Wsr) could have really good seasons. Both are showing a lot, despite bottom-six ice (Zito more so than Johnston). Give them a chance at the top six and they'll flourish.

With the coach in windsor. Lol

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I really think it is about playing time. Many of the 2003s played on average teams and received that important time on ice to grow. Many were on solid contenders and missed those important minutes. I personally think if the player gave it their all during practice throughout last year that good things will come this year once we get rolling. A lot of times the kids that seemed to under-achieve just didn't have the opportunity to show what they could do. Look at London, Rolofs barely saw the ice.....he was solid enough to be taken in the first round so I don't think he got bad overnight. Stats clearly don't tell the full story. I wonder if they actually track time on ice.....that would be an interesting stat....points verse time on ice.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Andre Anania is going to surprise, but for who played this year, I expect McCallum to blossom I loved his game when he was on

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Andre Anania is going to surprise, but for who played this year, I expect McCallum to blossom I loved his game when he was on
14 goals in 52 ojhl games as a dman after only scoring 6 in 65 for his AAA team? What happened that’s a huge spike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad