Breakout Season

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
which rookie from the 2003 class do you think is poised to have a big sophomore breakout and rise up the NHL draft boards?

Excluding Wright, and guys like McTavish, Clarke, Harrison and Pinelli who have already made a big impact.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Josh Bloom and T bone Codd are both going to be getting more responsibility next season and both are more talented than their stat lines read (Bloom especially).

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
which rookie from the 2003 class do you think is poised to have a big sophomore breakout and rise up the NHL draft boards?

Excluding Wright, and guys like McTavish, Clarke, Harrison and Pinelli who have already made a big impact.
The answer is Brendan Sirizzotti. 47 points in 37 OJ games and Ottawa will be losing almost everyone from their top 6 next year so he’ll come in and be playing a big role

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Stillman, W.Johnston, Othman & Kressler, Lockhart, Arcuri, obviously one of London’s McCue or Rolofs ... there’s quite a few forwards with real breakout potential next season.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The answer is Brendan Sirizzotti. 47 points in 37 OJ games and Ottawa will be losing almost everyone from their top 6 next year so he’ll come in and be playing a big role

I would add Beck to that mix for the same reason.

EDIT: i do agree about turnover in the top 6. That said, there is a possibility it ends up being only Keating and Gareffa gone. That still leaves two spots for Beck and Sirizzotti though.

Last edited:

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
This is the first name I thought of. I think him and Stillman will be big next year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Another one is Danny Zhilkin. He's a lot better than 4 goals in 50 games. Once he gets top 6 next year with Hillis/Ralph gone, he'll shine

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Wyatt Johnston and Pasquale Zito (Wsr) could have really good seasons. Both are showing a lot, despite bottom-six ice (Zito more so than Johnston). Give them a chance at the top six and they'll flourish.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Where is Othmann playing right now in the lineup compared to where he'll be next year?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Where is Othmann playing right now in the lineup compared to where he'll be next year?
It’s actually hard to say. I guess technically he’s on the 3rd line right now with Connor Roberts and Braeden Kressler because Keppen is out. Recently (before the Keppen injury) that line has featured Oksentyuk where Kressler is. Wellwood rolls 4 lines pretty much with the Dellandrea line getting a bit more time in addition to PP1. Othmann has been up and down the lineup through the year from 1st line with Dellandrea and Durham to the 4th line. That can be said nearly every forward except a few. Next year, who knows? But I expect his ice time and importance to increase.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Josh Bloom has played well with limited TOI on a stacked offensive team. Saginaws 2nd Rd pick has good size and will have a chance for more responsibilities next season. JMO but I see some definite improvement

Reactions: Saggy

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I'm hoping to see Braden Haché take a step forward - looked solid this year before breaking his foot, hopefully he can continue to build on a solid rookie year.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

Simon Motew, Kitchener. The stats above may have changed since then (posted Jan. 23) as Motew has not played since January 17th (8th d man on a loaded Rangers team). 10 points in just 29 games as a bottom pairing right-handed 16 year old d-man. extremely poised and shows promise in his own end

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I liked how Lockhart looked when he played in Peterborough, what type of deployment does he have now versus where he'd be next season?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Simon Motew, Kitchener. The stats above may have changed since then (posted Jan. 23) as Motew has not played since January 17th (8th d man on a loaded Rangers team). 10 points in just 29 games as a bottom pairing right-handed 16 year old d-man. extremely poised and shows promise in his own end

More than half of his points are secondary assists though and he only has 16 shots in 29 games so I think that tweet might be a little misleading in terms of Motew as one of the best offensive 2003's

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
More than half of his points are secondary assists though and he only has 16 shots in 29 games so I think that tweet might be a little misleading in terms of Motew as one of the best offensive 2003's

no power play time and he hasn’t had a solid spot in the lineup since the teams been healthy and winning games. he’s very confident with the puck for a 16 year old.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Burroughs, Goure, Lawrence, would be in that could be added to the mix of guys in Owen Sound who should have breakout seasons next year, for a lot of different reasons.

Burroughs is arguably one of the Attack's most talented 16yo guys this year 200 foot type player who gives 100% everytime he steps on the ice.

Goure is workhorse out there doing all the little things he can to show why Owen Sound took him with their 1st round pick last April. Lawrence however slowly the Attack have been utilizing him has a lot of upside for a big power forward at 6.05 228 he is starting to become more comfortable with his size at this level and could be a similar type player to Curtis Douglas in Windsor by his draft year. His coordination with his frame has been slow coming but if he can finish 2020 strong then he could be a moster for opposing teams by 17yo or 18yo. All 3 could make for head turning years to come.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
What do you guys think in terms of the rookie 1st/2nd rounder defensemen in terms of who takes a big leap forward with offensive production? Del Maestro, Holmes, Punnett?

PuckTalk1122

Sep 3, 2013
Nolan Dann, whom plays on Georgetown in the OJHL. He scored 26 goals and led his team in scoring by a wide-margin on a team that had a tough time scoring all year.....He might be the most underrated 2003 born of any player from that year, and certainly will show his stuff in Sarnia next year.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
He is definitely the 2nd best Robertson on the Petes, but I like what I've see from Tucker Robertson this season.
He has a nice blend of grit to go along with a nose for the net. With the Petes icing a veteran lineup + 1st round picks McTavish and Avon in the mix, Tucker has done well with limited ice time IMO.
He has 18 points in 52 games but I think he'll have a shot at hitting 40 points next season with increased ice time. As the Petes start to build around their 2003's, Robertson should be a key piece to the nucleus.

Reactions: Saggy

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Between:
Del Mastro
Enright
Holmes
Punnett
Matier
Guryev
Mallioux
Christopolous

who do you think is most poised for an offensive breakout season?

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Josh Bloom and T bone Codd are both going to be getting more responsibility next season and both are more talented than their stat lines read (Bloom especially).

Agree.....really were buried on 3rd and 4th line with limited ice. Bloom was a point per game over last 7 or 8 games trending towards playoffs. Big things expected from both

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad