Breakout Players For Your Team 2006-07

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Alex Tanguay could really put himself in elite category, he's been a little bit inconsistent, but he's also slowly becoming more and more consistent. I think once he matures into his role as the offensive catalyst on the Avalanche people will see him as one of the league's best players.

When he's on he's amazing offensively, however when he's off you wonder what the heck he's doing out there.

Also if Sutter actually gives Kobasew good ice time then I see Chuck Kobasew asserting himself as the offensive threat the Flames have needed. You can see how working his tail off out there almost every night, he's not really afraid of charging the net and he's got a good pair of hands on him. He's still young so his confidence is shaky, but give him a boost and he'll be a threat.

So Sutter, please, just trade him to the Avs now, you know you want to.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Legionnaire said:
Big difference. He's playing on one of the worst teams in the league.

Trust me, besides Malkin, he's the most suited for the NHL out of those guys.
I'd say the swede Bäckström is better suited than Anze... He has a quicker step and is more intense in his playing. Anze is not as willing at taking hits to make plays like Bäckas.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
There are so many players next year who could have breakout years, it's frightening. Just look at the Flyers. They could have up to five players with breakout years next year. You've got the trio up front of Carter, Richards, and Umberger. Those guys are the future in Philadelphia and they're going to be deadly. I could see point totals next year in the 70s and 80s. Then you've got Pitkanen, who could possibly set the franchise record for scoring by a defenseman if he stays healthy. Finally, there's Niitymaki, who could possibly set new franchise records with regards to wins, shut outs, and save percentage. Mark my words. Esche will be dealt this offseason to make room for Niity's emergence to the top spot. I'm calling Esche, Handzus, and the Flyers first round pick for a pick in the top 6. It's either Erik Johnson, Jon Toews, Phil Kessel, or Jordan Staal they're looking at. And that's another young blue chip prospect to add to the team with other blue chippers like Ryan Potulny, Alex Picard, and Steve Downie. That's pretty impressive.

Geese_Howard*

digitalmonkey said:
Colaiacovo may never play again.

umm says who? by all indications, not 1 person has mentioned his injury as career ending.

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Geese_Howard said:
umm says who? by all indications, not 1 person has mentioned his injury as career ending.

You must have missed the most recent article about the Maple Leafs Top 20 Prospects.

And I quote straight from the article:

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8465&mode=threaded&order=0 said:
He went on to have decent stats with the Leafs, scoring seven points in 21 NHL games. But all that was before he took a hit from Vaclav Varada Jan. 23. that resulted in a season-ending concussion. He was diagnosed with a complex concussion, the most serious type. It’s hard to know how he’ll recover. According to doctors, he’s made almost no progress. In recent years we’ve seen players’ lives and careers devastated by concussion problems. Colaiacovo clearly has more important concerns than just hockey right now.

It really doesn't look good for Carlo.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
AVS

Svatos- Potential to get 50 goals if he plays 82 games
Liles- even more then this season
Budaj- Will show the organization he is their future starter
Richardson- Will start off season on 3rd line but will get time on PP, and some on 2nd (I have a fealing about this guy)
Wolski- If what he did in 6 games for the AVS, and what he did in the OHL this season is showing the future then watch out for Svatos playing with this guy

Oilers
Schremp- People hate this guy, he will show everyone they are wrong like he has his whole life

Others
Perry- Slow start, but really is catching on at the end this season. Next Season will me monsterious for him

Frolov- Will have a huge season if doesnt get injured

Fluery- Will show the Pens, why they picked him 1st overall

Kessel- Will show people that his some what surprzing NCAA season was a thing in his past and will have a monsterious rookie season

O'Sullivan- Amazing in the AHL this season, and will be amazing next year in the NHL

Onderous- (lol i just like his name)

Dark Horse
Coleman- He will show off what he has this season since Burke is out, (Seen him in the game where Grahame got pulled, he played amazing), I think he will be a backup next season and will push Grahame to be a starter.

digitalmonkey*

Marian Gaborik will finally make the jump from potential superstar to superstar. I expect him to challenge for the Art Ross next season.

digitalmonkey*

Geese_Howard said:

I just mentioned it. :D

Seriouly though, he is not in good shape. I'm not just blowing smoke when I say he may never play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad