Breakout Players For Your Team 2006-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Eminger - could consider him breaking out this season although i think he will have a much more offensive season next time around and be expected to develop into a top 2 defender for us.

Semin - if he is here, he could score at least 30 goals and be a big part of our offense.

brooks laich - has shown a bit this year after not really getting a chance before this season. he seems to have a bit of touch around the net and could develop into a solid player.breakout for what he can be imo.

boyd gordon - i reckon he will improve dramatically.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
side note:

interview during a wing game intermission with jari kurri, kurri said filppula could be one of the best finns in a few years in the league, hes thrilled hes turned out so good... who knows what jari knows but im willing to wait and see...

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
zetterberg40 said:
side note:

interview during a wing game intermission with jari kurri, kurri said filppula could be one of the best finns in a few years in the league, hes thrilled hes turned out so good... who knows what jari knows but im willing to wait and see...

That is because as most Finns know, or a tleast should, is that Filppula is a center, that Finland has been lacking. Traditional centers with great vision and innovative playmaking. Filppula knows what to do, and is a step ahead of the play.

Who knows if it'll translate, but people have been talking about this for 2 years in Finland now. And there is nothing that makes me think that he can't translate his success in to the NHL. Nothing.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
He's starting to breakout this season, but I think Mike Cammalleri is going to be a perennial 35 goal, 80 pt player starting next season.

He has great hands, and is finally learning how to get open and make plays at the NHL level.

He has 23+26 for 49 pts this season, not bad for whats really his first full healthy season in the NHL.

it's been almost 11 years, but Aki Berg is indirectly finally paying off for the Kings.

Aki Berg was traded for Adam Mair and a 2001 2nd rndr (Cammalleri)

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Herby said:
He's starting to breakout this season, but I think Mike Cammalleri is going to be a perennial 35 goal, 80 pt player starting next season.

He has great hands, and is finally learning how to get open and make plays at the NHL level.

He has 23+26 for 49 pts this season, not bad for whats really his first full healthy season in the NHL.

it's been almost 11 years, but Aki Berg is indirectly finally paying off for the Kings.

I agree about Cam. But wouldn't it be nice if we still had Mair too.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
Legionnaire said:
Anze Kopitar. You heard it here first folks. Calder trophy.

You think kopitar who I believe niklas backstrom (06) draftee is crushing pointwise in the SEL...is gonnoa outproduce each of malkin, radulov, O'sullivan, Schremp and wolski....

cuz i don't see him outdoing everyone of those guys....id put 0% chance of that happening in fact :biglaugh:

But I am still glad i have kopitar in my keeper league.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Chrisd said:
You think kopitar who I believe niklas backstrom (06) draftee is crushing pointwise in the SEL...is gonnoa outproduce each of malkin, radulov, O'sullivan, Schremp and wolski....

cuz i don't see him outdoing everyone of those guys....id put 0% chance of that happening in fact :biglaugh:

But I am still glad i have kopitar in my keeper league.

Big difference. He's playing on one of the worst teams in the league.

Trust me, besides Malkin, he's the most suited for the NHL out of those guys.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
lol@ trust me....

ok mr. non biased

I'll take radulov, o'sullivan, wolski all outpointing Kopitar next year.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
Big difference. He's playing on one of the worst teams in the league.

Trust me, besides Malkin, he's the most suited for the NHL out of those guys.

Maybe. But it is hard to guarantee he will even make the NHL full time next year. And after watching Malkin in the WJC and the Olympics, I would be shocked if Kopitar outplayed him next season. Unless EM gets injured, I don't see how Kopitar even has a chance to outplay him next year.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Chrisd said:
lol@ trust me....

ok mr. non biased

I agree with O'Sullivan and can't comment too much on Radulov but I wouldn't be certain on Wolski.

Wolski will be completely useless 5 on 5 next season and I wouldn't be surprised if he sees time in the AHL as well. The kid still needs a lot of maturation. Don't let bloated numbers in a watered down OHL decieve you.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Chrisd said:
lol@ trust me....

ok mr. non biased

Neither O'Sullivan or Radulov will really have a shot due to the systems that they play in. Wolski might. As far as physical readiness goes. Kopitar is second behind Malkin

I'll admit that I forgot about Malkin when I made that statement, but other than that I stand by it.

Willie. He will be with the Kings next season no doubt.

Oh and Happy belated birthday!

Aki Berg

Jul 3, 2005
Aki-ville
Herby said:

No. You're wrong.

L.A. has never been the same since giving up on Aki.

Cammalleri is a nice little hockey player to have on your team, but Aki's Aki.

SlavaKozlov

Feb 16, 2003
Akron, OH
Visit site
This is kind of a far reach, call me a homer, but I would say for the Wings, Brett Lebda is the one who is breaking out more than any other player. I remember reading stuff about how terrible he is in teh AHL, about how he has no chanch in hell in making the NHL, etc... When he made it through Training Camp and stayed on the roster all through the preseason, many Wings fans thought it was a joke because of how "poor" Lebda's play has always been, there is no chance he is good enough to play on this team in the NHL.

He was then on the Opening Night roster, and several Wings Fans were pissed. We needed the D depth with Kronwall out, but he scored a goal in his first game. Then the Fischer thing happened, and he continued to stick as the depth guy and played really well. He isn't the best player, but he was more than a decent depth defenseman for the Wings this season.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Aki Berg said:
No. You're wrong.

L.A. has never been the same since giving up on Aki.

Cammalleri is a nice little hockey player to have on your team, but Aki's Aki.

Amen. :handclap: Please don't be offended by the unabashedly biased opinion of Herby. He doesn't speak for the rest of us Kings fans. :teach:

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
My picks

Martin Havlat (24)
Spezza
Coliacovo
Steen
Plecanek
Higgins
Meszjaros
Ruutu
Eminger
Semin

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
For Edmonton

Hemsky - this year could be considered a break out for him, but I think he has another level or two that he can hit.

Schremp - naysayers will be quieted as Schremp puts some big points up on the PP

Pouliot - Started off slow but has found his game in the AHL and has been called up now, may have played his last AHL game

Greene - He'll likely take his next step in turning into an Hatcher/Foote kind of defensemen. His straight arm hitting technique is amazing. He is so strong he typically knocks other players off the puck with one hand. He is something special.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Chris Higgins will score 25 goals and notch 50-60 points next year...
and I'd bet that one of Kotsytsin or Perezhogin breaks out as well

and plekanec is another intriguing young guy with some more upside, man is it ever nice to have some young players to look forward to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->