Breakout Players For Your Team 2006-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
btn said:
Atlanta: Bourret and Lethonen.

Bourret won't be in the NHL next year. He needs a year of seasoning in the AHL before he can show everyone how good he is :sarcasm: .

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Petr Prucha, could score 45 goals, 25 assits if he plays 80 games.
Fedor Tyutin, could get 40 ponts, +20 or something big.
Jarkko Immonen/Nigel Dawes (whichever gets more of a shot)
I think Sykora will get 80 points if he's here next year too, but he's done it like 6 years ago.

Hockey-Freak

Apr 18, 2005
insider said:
Bourret won't be in the NHL next year. He needs a year of seasoning in the AHL before he can show everyone how good he is :sarcasm: .

The same thought everybody about Patrick Eaves at seasons start, now he´ll finish the season and be in the Playoffs with Ottawa!

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Florida has a ton of breakout candidates. Weiss, Bouwmeester, Krajicek, Olesz, Horton, Kolnik, Nedorost.....
But thinking about it the most likely would be Bouwmeester, Horton and Olesz. Florida's going to get better every year with these young players.

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
The way Eminger was playing at the beginning of this season, it´s hard to believe that he won´t break out offensively next season, his third, which is usually when defensemen break out. I see him getting 35-40 points next season.

Mike Green will also probably get a lot of power play time.

I don´t think Eric Fehr will really break out in his first full NHL season. I could see him scoring 15-20 goals, maybe 35-40 points. I don´t consider that breakout out though.

Alexander Semin could definitely score 30+ goals next season if he comes to NA. Remember his original moves? I´m excited to see what he can bring to the table.

The two wildcards are Jakub Klepis and Tomas Fleischmann. Klepis hasn´t been that great in the AHL, but when called up he´s shown decent creativity, patience and passing ability. Fleischmann is having a fantastic year with Hershey. There´s no question that he has the ability to make the caps on a scoring line, but with Ovechkin and Semin penciled in on the top two lines, he will probably have to switch to RW. If Zubrus stays at center, there will be a spot on one of the top two RWs, assuming Fehr is on the other.

DerekT

Sep 20, 2005
Please don't laugh

Montreal - Latendresse

No really! I think they'll call him up next year and he'll be great!

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Teemu said:
Tuomo Ruutu can't be injured FOREVER...

I think one of our other Euro stars will do very well too... at least one of Nordqvist, Kontiola, Salamander, Malmivaara or Viuhkola.

Salmelianen might be a better bet than any of those if you can sign him.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
Edmonton:
Matt Greene - Not point wise but defensively he will step into a big role.

Hemsky will continue to develop and maybe hit the 100 point mark.

Torres will score 35 goals next year

Pronger will score 65 points

MA Bergeron will hit 50 points

Smyth will hit his usual 30 goals if he plays all year

The rest:
Crosby will be very dominant, more so then Ovechkin, you heard it here first

Malkin could do pretty good.

Perry, Getzlaf, Lupul, Horton, Olesz, Schremp, Zherdev will be unstoppable, Brule, there is a long list of guys that could really do some damage.

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
Ninot said:
Please don't laugh

Montreal - Latendresse

No really! I think they'll call him up next year and he'll be great!

OK I won't laugh..... :) :innocent: :D :biglaugh:

Sorry did everything I could but couldn't help it ;)

He will be soon but not as soon as next year.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
people don't seem to know what a break-out season is? you don't have a break-out year on your first year even if you have 150 points! a break-out is something that goes from the ordinary to the extraordinary, just like Komi who after strugling the last 3 years is finally taking shpae in that big, defensive, reilable, leader we drafted

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
Marcel the great! said:
people don't seem to know what a break-out season is? you don't have a break-out year on your first year even if you have 150 points! a break-out is something that goes from the ordinary to the extraordinary, just like Komi who after strugling the last 3 years is finally taking shpae in that big, defensive, reilable, leader we drafted

I went looking for an english dictionary and understood that my Andrei Kostitsyn posting made no sense based on what you just said. That's why Latendresse makes no sense as well.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
For LA it could be a few that have breakout seasons. Dustin Brown tops the list. Anze Kopitar if he makes the big club and gets 2nd line minutes. Gleason, although he has been very solid defensively this year, his offensive game could breakout next year. Although Garon has been very solid this season, he could really breakout with a year of being #1 under his belt.

babybruin

Oct 28, 2003
vancouver
I peg Jeff Carter for some much better production next season.

Corey Perry and Getzlaf should work some serious magic in the near future. I havent seen much of Getzlaf, but hes highly regarded and I fully believe Corey Perry is destined for offensive greatness.

Gaborik is a good bet to make some serious strides into the upper echelon of offensive players. Hes put up good numbers so far in his career, but I think he's about ready to make a real jump to elite production.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Abyss said:
Robert Nilsson could have a breakout year
He definitely gets my vote for the Islanders break out player. Nokelainen and Bergenheim I suspect will finally stick with the big club and will be very valuable defensive presences, but I don't think they'll put up a ton of points. They probably have outside chances at 15-20goals, but I doubt either breaks 40 points, and it tends to be points that people associate with "breaking out". Nilsson I could see hitting the 60pt mark, though I make no guarantees. He's shown immense skill, and on the right line could be extremely effective offensively as early as next year. Tambellini would be my next choice.

On Saturday, Nilsson and Tambellini played on Yashin's flanks and they looked very dangerous. If that line stays together for the rest of this year and into next, I would predict impressive years from both the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->