Breakout Player / Pleasant Surprise for 2013

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I have an eye on Hrivik, but I think his impact comes next year as a mid-season callup and that's being optimistic. Taylor Pyatt is the guy I can see coming up big in a big way, especially during the playoffs. I think if the Rangers bring-up Miller and put him with Kreider and Pyatt you could see a solid line.

Kreider - Miller - Pyatt

What is that line going to do exactly? I cant see them scoring consistently - I can't see them defending consistently. Whats the point?

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Kreider - Miller - Pyatt

What is that line going to do exactly? I cant see them scoring consistently - I can't see them defending consistently. Whats the point?

Kreider - Size and Speed
Pyatt - Size and Grind
Miller - Grind and a little speed

Seems like it can do a little bit of everything. A lot of people have Kreider making the top 6 immediately, but I'm hesitant to put him there seeing how effect Hagelin was with Richards and Gaborik.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Kreider - Size and Speed
Pyatt - Size and Grind
Miller - Grind and a little speed

Seems like it can do a little bit of everything. A lot of people have Kreider making the top 6 immediately, but I'm hesitant to put him there seeing how effect Hagelin was with Richards and Gaborik.

I think it could be a nice line in a year or two.

Just my opinion, of course, but I dont think Miller is NHL ready (especially to play center), and I think Kreider is due for a rough season.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Honestly, have not been impressed with Haley at all when watching the Whale. Aside from his fights, have not seen the physical play his reputation would indicate nor a strong forechecking presence.

Maybe I just picked some bad nights, but I would definitely not compare him favorably with Prust.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I think it could be a nice line in a year or two.

Just my opinion, of course, but I dont think Miller is NHL ready (especially to play center), and I think Kreider is due for a rough season.

Define rough? What's good for Kreider is that he won't be counted on as the first, second, or even third scoring option. So while other teams are trying to shut down the likes of Nash and Gaborik, Kreider should have favorable matchups and a decent bit of space and time to work with. Not saying he's going to go nuts, but I don't think things will be so rough for him either, all things considered.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Honestly, have not been impressed with Haley at all when watching the Whale. Aside from his fights, have not seen the physical play his reputation would indicate nor a strong forechecking presence.

Maybe I just picked some bad nights, but I would definitely not compare him favorably with Prust.

Are you comparing him to Prust now, or Prust pre-Rangers? Torts revitalized that guys career.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Define rough? What's good for Kreider is that he won't be counted on as the first, second, or even third scoring option. So while other teams are trying to shut down the likes of Nash and Gaborik, Kreider should have favorable matchups and a decent bit of space and time to work with. Not saying he's going to go nuts, but I don't think things will be so rough for him either, all things considered.

Rough = being in the doghouse at several points.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
my surpise player will be Arron Asham He will bring a level oftoughness to the rangers as well as 10-12 goals and 14-18 fighting majors.. he is way more then a goon and can play the game.. just my opinion.. I also look for our defense to have 3 guys battle for the norris.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
my surpise player will be Arron Asham He will bring a level oftoughness to the rangers as well as 10-12 goals and 14-18 fighting majors.. he is way more then a goon and can play the game.. just my opinion.. I also look for our defense to have 3 guys battle for the norris.

I like Asham and think he was a good pickup. I don't think he gets 10 goals though, not on the fourth line.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Rupp. People hating on him a lot last year, but this year he will be healthy and I believe he will impress.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Remember, Dagoon, it's only 48 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad