Breaking Up The Flock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
AP (Los Angeles) - Unnamed, but reliable, sources have confirmed recent rumblings coming from the Arrowhead Pond that the Mighty Ducks' front office is considering a systematic deconstruction of their current roster.

Given the size of the franchise's payroll, it has become increasingly evident that GM Matt Gledhill and Coach John Tortorella are exceedingly frustrated by their team's lackluster performance on the ice. While sources were unable to ascertain the imminence of any specific roster moves, it is expected that many of the team's veterans will find themselves playing elsewhere before the trade deadline.

In a related story, the Ducks' front office has engaged in negotiations with Reggie Swingstein for contract extensions for three of his clients: Sami Kapanen, Brian Rolston, and Bryan Smolinski. While the status of the negotiations is uncertain, it would appear that these three players are a few of the veterans that management is intent on keeping in Anaheim.

HFNHL Red Wings

Don't panic yet Matt. While I expected to drop back a bit in the standings with my restructuring moves I never anticipated the free fall I'm witnessing. Heck I expected to still be somewhat competitive.
At this pace you should move up, by default, to 7th in the standings in a few short weeks

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Fan.At said:
i smell brian burke :madfire:

Nah, I don't have quite the distaste for players named "Fedorov" that Brian Burke does. ;)

Besides, this Ducks GM didn't pass on Jack Johnson at #2 in the 2005 draft...although I must say that I did think long and hard about selecting Bobby Ryan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad