Breaking News-PA and NHL meeting this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
I am the only one with the impression that if the players don't get what they want the would rather destroy the league than compomise? I don't sense this from the owners. Yes they want to destroy the union, but want to play next fall...players would rather see the demise of the game than accept 1M$ rather than 2M$.

No linkage, therefore we will see you in court and encourage players too take you also should we decertify (would be a huge mistake but anyway...).

Or other option is to attempt to make another league more competitive so we can destroy you that way also.

Destroy or be destroyed I guess...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
eye said:
Bettman offer to Goodenow. We can now only offer you 32 million hard with luxury taxes that will go directly into revenue sharing starting at any payroll over 25 million plus we need a linkage protection clause at 55% max of gross agreed upon revenues.

Goodenow repsonse. Linkage is a non starter.

Bettman. OK, I'll be lifting the lockout to any player currently under 1 million in salary effective June 1st. See you at the draft.

That is a huge problem as far as finding a negotiated settlement. Goodenow has no face saving out. Everyone knows the final deal has to be less than the $42 million non-linked offer. But for Goodenow to accept even that offer now, which he will not get, is his neck in the noose. I do not see this ending until Goodenow goes.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
11 am- Sides meet, exchange LOW fives

11:15- Goodenow thanks Bettman for inviting them, says he will not talk about anything until revenue sharing is discussed. Bettman then proceedes to do some sort of rain dance. In response Goodenow requests that all people in the room take there shoes off

11:30- Sides meet in seperate rooms to discuss strategy. NHLPA hangs out watching some old Michael Jackson music videos with a couple of cold ones (Linden has 5, Goodenow 12 Labbat Blues)

NHL hangs out and watches highlights from yesterdays Tiger Woods victory. Sips on espresso spiked with some nice mexican liquor

12:00- Sides meet, shout some things, pound their chests and leave

1:00 - Daly comes out and reports that "both sides still have philosophical differences"

Sides meet next week, do similiar things

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
nyrmessier011 said:
11 am- Sides meet, exchange LOW fives

11:15- Goodenow thanks Bettman for inviting them, says he will not talk about anything until revenue sharing is discussed. Bettman then proceedes to do some sort of rain dance. In response Goodenow requests that all people in the room take there shoes off

11:30- Sides meet in seperate rooms to discuss strategy. NHLPA hangs out watching some old Michael Jackson music videos with a couple of cold ones (Linden has 5, Goodenow 12 Labbat Blues)

NHL hangs out and watches highlights from yesterdays Tiger Woods victory. Sips on espresso spiked with some nice mexican liquor

12:00- Sides meet, shout some things, pound their chests and leave

1:00 - Daly comes out and reports that "both sides still have philosophical differences"

Sides meet next week, do similiar things

1:10 pm - Goodenow issues a release bemoaning the fact that the teams like Philly and Toronto are made to suffer along with the irrational hard headed owners, in another pathetic attempt to divide the owners. Hell, if that is all that you have left, play it until it wears out.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
eye said:
Bettman offer to Goodenow. We can now only offer you 32 million hard with luxury taxes that will go directly into revenue sharing starting at any payroll over 25 million plus we need a linkage protection clause at 55% max of gross agreed upon revenues.

Bettman. OK, I'll be lifting the lockout to any player currently under 1 million in salary effective June 1st. See you at the draft.

Because it'd be legal for Bettman to allow union members making $1 million or less to come back and not those making more.

They'd be considered replacement players and the majority likely wouldn't go back.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
eye said:

$1M before or after the rollback? ;)

WrightOn

Feb 7, 2004
Ohio
ranold26 said:
If they are going talk, its about next year.
So don't get all happy or sad over 04-05/SC playoffs this year.

Obviously.
Do you really think anyone is that ignorant?

Never mind. Don't answer that.

Brent Burns Beard