News Article: Breaking down the Playoff Race (Kings)

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
An article that has several scenarios of how the Kings playoff chase could end up regarding the Flames and Jets and each teams possible path in the final 6.

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2015/3/30/8317605/breaking-down-the-playoff-chase

Of the various possibilities, for some reason, the way the Kings season has gone, this would be the way the season ends.

By the way, about that Winnipeg-Calgary game on the last day: here's a fun scenario. The Kings go 3-0-2 heading into the last day and have 96 points and 38 ROW. The Flames have gone 2-0-2 and have 97 points and 40 ROW. The Jets have gone 4-1-0 and have 98 points and 36 ROW. If the Jets-Flames game ended in regulation, the Kings would pass the loser with a win over San Jose. However, the Jets and Flames could guarantee themselves both playoff spots if the game went into overtime; then the Kings would be left out.

Zero Pucks Given

American Hero
Mar 21, 2015
Southern CA
Interesting. I personally don't care how we get into the playoffs, just that we're in by the time playoffs start.

Though of the 2 scenarios that Jewels from the Crown presented, I see catching Winnipeg as more likely since Calgary has a relatively easier schedule - they get to play Arizona one more time, I believe.

Last edited:

Ron*

An article that has several scenarios of how the Kings playoff chase could end up regarding the Flames and Jets and each teams possible path in the final 6.

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/2015/3/30/8317605/breaking-down-the-playoff-chase

Of the various possibilities, for some reason, the way the Kings season has gone, this would be the way the season ends.

This scenario is unacceptable because it requires the Kings to give up a full two points in the Calgary game, and if that happens then **** 'em anyway, they don't deserve to get in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad