Breaking Down The Blue Jackets

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
There are Saad to Chicago rumors?
I saw this on the mains last week.
Reading Friedman's 30 thoughts and :

"11. Can’t imagine the cap makes it possible, but I wonder if Chicago would ever try to find a way to bring back Brandon Saad. They do miss him."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/3...tnings-drouin/

This is the 2nd "insider" that has mentioned Saad and Chicago in the same sentence, when Glenn Healy (lol insider) said that he thinks Saad would be traded to Chicago this season.

So.. just putting it out there..

1) What would it take for him to go back to Chicago?
2) How could it work salary-wise?

The answer may simply be it won't.

Seems like more of a opinion/prediction then an actual rumor.

Jenneric

Jan 18, 2016
1) Cam was probably available at the beginning of the season but Torts loves him so I cant see the jackets trading him unless its for some outrageous package.

2) I honestly wonder what the jackets could get for Hartsy at the deadline. I would not be surprised to see him go but I want to see how Wenny and Saad play without him tomorrow night as there is a decent chance based off line rushes today that he'll be a healthy scratch.

3) For me, Calvert is only expendable if Hartsy stays. Jenner Saad and Rychel (I guess also Bourque and Foligno are too but I dont see Bourque staying in clb much longer and Nicky is more comfortable on RW or even C from what i have seen) are the other 3 LW's that are here for the future and if Hartsy goes, I would not want to trade Calvert. Also I really like his versatility as he would make the most sense starting on the 4th line but has shown in the past that he's capable of moving up in the lineup to plug holes short term.

Thoughts?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think if Hartnell is traded at the deadline it has to be for one or more of the following reasons:

1)get out from under his contract
2) the return is too good to pass up - a first and a very good prospect/young NHLer
3) The organization feels good with Calvert as a top 9 forward
4) He keeps brain farting and Torts is having a stroke

Personally I would like the cap space but I think trading him weakens the F corps too much next year.

If we wind up drafting one of the top 3 F's and feel they are ready for the NHL then maybe he is a bit more tradeable after the draft.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
1) Cam was probably available at the beginning of the season but Torts loves him so I cant see the jackets trading him unless its for some outrageous package.

2) I honestly wonder what the jackets could get for Hartsy at the deadline. I would not be surprised to see him go but I want to see how Wenny and Saad play without him tomorrow night as there is a decent chance based off line rushes today that he'll be a healthy scratch.

3) For me, Calvert is only expendable if Hartsy stays. Jenner Saad and Rychel (I guess also Bourque and Foligno are too but I dont see Bourque staying in clb much longer and Nicky is more comfortable on RW or even C from what i have seen) are the other 3 LW's that are here for the future and if Hartsy goes, I would not want to trade Calvert. Also I really like his versatility as he would make the most sense starting on the 4th line but has shown in the past that he's capable of moving up in the lineup to plug holes short term.

Thoughts?

Firstly, welcome.
I think Hartnell gets shipped, or at least shopped hard at the TDL and I can't see Borq being here past his current contract.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I feel like all those articles about the Blue Jackets are just throw-aways. No one actually cares about the Blue Jackets

Well, except us

:laugh:

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
This makes me laugh. The author goes on and on, as if the Jackets don't have any defensive prospects when that's just about all we have. Trading Cam, Hartnell, and Calvert for future d-spects is just silly. If anything, we need more projectable center prospects!

I have grown to like Hartsy, but I can see him getting shipped for the right package, as some others have mentioned. Atkinson has grown this year (FINALLY) into a player that's respectable and "value-added." Trading him would not make sense with a retool unless it's for a can't miss player (Cam for Drouin, and even that has me skeptical).

Silly author, your research is a bit spotty.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The "Who to move" is pretty poor. Calvert's contributions, as an example, go beyond something that can be easily replaced and certainly not worth the return (no one is going to give up a ton to get him).

He does a good job of spending way too much on D (bringing in Yandle) and leaving no spots for competition from our youth on D.

I appreciate people writing about the Jackets, but this kind of falls short. Not sure if he watches the Jackets regularly, but a lot of the writers are forced into writing about this team and don't do a lot of research. He doesn't discuss the Cap situation at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad