Speculation: Break us out of this slump

Erick Harrisson

Oct 8, 2019
Hamilton
This slump has been hard to cope with special teams needs a boost. I'm hoping Corey Perry Stars debut tonight goes great.

What going on though do we need to add some size? There are 2 players I would love to see Dallas add to the bottom 6 both of which would make us better on the PK and 5v5

How would fellow fans feel if Dallas went out and got Kyle Clifford & Ryan Reaves?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
This slump has been hard to cope with special teams needs a boost. I'm hoping Corey Perry Stars debut tonight goes great.

What going on though do we need to add some size? There are 2 players I would love to see Dallas add to the bottom 6 both of which would make us better on the PK and 5v5

How would fellow fans feel if Dallas went out and got Kyle Clifford & Ryan Reaves?
a spare and a cheap shot artist that cowers away from most fights. No thanks the OG Steve Ott was enough for my lifetime, don't need the knock off version

serp

Jan 17, 2016
a spare and a cheap shot artist that cowers away from most fights. No thanks the OG Steve Ott was enough for my lifetime, don't need the knock off version

This is way more similar to when Lindros signed with Stars . Perry was legitimately one of the best players in the league at one time even if he also was a damn SOB to face.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
This is way more similar to when Lindros signed with Stars . Perry was legitimately one of the best players in the league at one time even if he also was a damn SOB to face.
I was talking about Reaves, not Perry.
I have no issues with Perry. He's not an overtly dirty player he's just an annoying(troll) player

Erick Harrisson

Oct 8, 2019
Hamilton
What exactly do we need more 4th liners that can't score for?

We need speed and skill

We have plenty of speed and plenty of skill. Both on F and D. I'd like to see us improve the 4th line it's a very weak line. Adding these 2 big boys would help us tremendously especially on the PK these guys are role players.

I'd like to explore an improvement at 3rd line C also

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I was talking about Reaves, not Perry.
I have no issues with Perry. He's not an overtly dirty player he's just an annoying(troll) player

Oh right . Yeah the team doesn't need a Ryan Reaves. Dude is a cheapshot machine who because he's one of the biggest guys in the league won't even need to fear fights and the league has been protecting his ass ever since he got to Vegas.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Oh right . Yeah the team doesn't need a Ryan Reaves. Dude is a cheapshot machine who because he's one of the biggest guys in the league won't even need to fear fights and the league has been protecting his ass ever since he got to Vegas.
But he does though. He wanted nothing to do with Prout when he tried his tough game act against SJ just this year
He threw that cheapshot against Karlsson last year and ran to the bench right away to avoid having to fight Haley again.
To Haley's credit he started swinging at Reaves anyway.
But Reaves is a p***y.
Back when he first entered the league (7-8yrs ago) he would fight guys like Bollig, Scott, and Bass and get his ass kicked, now he's much more selective.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
But he does though. He wanted nothing to do with Prout when he tried his tough game act against SJ just this year
He threw that cheapshot against Karlsson last year and ran to the bench right away to avoid having to fight Haley again.
To Haley's credit he started swinging at Reaves anyway.
But Reaves is a *****.
Back when he first entered the league (7-8yrs ago) he would fight guys like Bollig, Scott, and Bass and get his ass kicked, now he's much more selective.

Reaves the way Vegas uses him doesn't want to fight purely tough guys anymore. He now basically only fights guys he can easily beat up.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
We have plenty of speed and plenty of skill. Both on F and D. I'd like to see us improve the 4th line it's a very weak line. Adding these 2 big boys would help us tremendously especially on the PK these guys are role players.

I'd like to explore an improvement at 3rd line C also
Where is all this skill and speed you talk about. Are you watching this year or 4 years ago. The 4th has been fine. They don’t have anyone to score.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
This reeks of the awesome posts I read on the Dallas Stars Facebook page. Everyone on there would roll out four lines of Steve Ott and Antoine Roussel if they could. They think Polak is our best dman.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This reeks of the awesome posts I read on the Dallas Stars Facebook page. Everyone on there would roll out four lines of Steve Ott and Antoine Roussel if they could. They think Polak is our best dman.

So you're saying he is not ?

giphy.gif

Reactions: The Tourist

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
That can't be true can it?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The team is playing like a bunch of grinders , bad grinders. So many guys have trouble handling the puck and making passes. THe most shocking part is Klingberg has been one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad