May 3, 2004
Tampa
I would like to solve the puzzle.

Untitled-2.jpg

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Disagree. He’s a bottom pair dude and is rated as such. Maybe even a bit overrated by some Tampa fans.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Just wanted to bring this thread up from page 8. Cobie is playing is a$$ off and I am extremely impressed. Getting out from under the shadow of pairing with the Giraffe has been a revelation. Cobie has found his speed, is on the hunt in the offensive zone, and has been solid in the D zone. He's playing himself into being a great candidate at the trade deadline. We can keep Cernak up, trade Cobie and actually get something decent in return (can't see re-signing him - too expensive).. Otherwise, I would not mind re-signing him if we can get a discount.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
He's playing so well I think it would be a mistake to trade him at this point. He's pretty much perfect in his role. We really only have one guy playing over his head right now (Girardi) and that might get corrected when Stralman comes back.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to trade him, he is finally living up to the expectations we had for him when we got him from Philly. However, he is playing his way into being tradeable... with a decent return. That's exciting and, being perfectly honest, pretty unexpected.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to trade him, he is finally living up to the expectations we had for him when we got him from Philly. However, he is playing his way into being tradeable... with a decent return. That's exciting and, being perfectly honest, pretty unexpected.

He's playing himself into being essential for our playoff run. Not as trade bait.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, I guess I need to get out of that trade mentality...Guess I am being way optimistic that Cernak is here to stay and, when Strals returns... who do we sit? Girardi?

Send Cernak down to play top minutes. Unfortunately he is a luxury on the roster right now. Cernak needs play time, and I guess we could rotate people sitting on the main roster, but that could only go so far.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd like to keep Cernak up and rotate Girardi out from time to time, and even Coburn once in a while, despite how well he's playing. We can keep guys fresh for the playoffs with our roster right now.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Finally? He was pretty good when we first traded for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad