Rumor: Brayden Schenn to Leafs?

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
But Phoenix wasn't going to part with Yandle for just JVR. The Flyers would have had to pony up big time and Phoenix wanted at least a 1st round pick plus prospects.

I'm more than content with Luke Schenn. Power skating lessons are probably a must this off season as well as shedding a few pounds (it's not like he's fat, but he's too heavy to be playing at 230 when he's only 6'2) to be better on his feet.

He played very well last season, so I'm not sure why there's hesitation with using him this season. I will say that I'm quite comfortable with John Paddock working with Luke because Paddock has a history of working well with defensemen.

As for JVR, never was and never will be a fan. He's already started to cool off after his hot start and the inconsistencies that plague him are starting to come back.

Yandle was just an example and I actually didn't want to give up the assets to get him then and still don't now. My point was the talent JVR had should have gotten a better return than LSchenn who is not as talented and also inconsistent. We traded one inconsistent player for another inconsistent one.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Wonder if we could get Sbisa back somehow from Anaheim? He has started off slow since his return from injury. I was a huge Sbisa fan before we traded him for Pronger..

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
True but who will be consistently more inconsistent? I hope it's not L Schenn. An inconsistent D man is way more maddening than a forward IMO....

If I had to guess overall it would be LSchenn who has 374 games played compared to 263 for JVR. D-men take longer to develop, but so do power forwards and big forwards. LSchenn has over 100 more games then JVR in the NHL and is still struggling with his consistency. I think JVR is more inconsistent within a season while LSchenn is more inconsistent from season to season. Which is better? No idea.

kjbhockey

May 12, 2013
Yandle was just an example and I actually didn't want to give up the assets to get him then and still don't now. My point was the talent JVR had should have gotten a better return than LSchenn who is not as talented and also inconsistent. We traded one inconsistent player for another inconsistent one.

This is the point I've been trying to make for a while. I had no problem giving up JVR but we got hosed in the return. There had to be a better deal out there somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad