Rumor: Brayden Schenn to Leafs?

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Just speculation by Kyper, there is no real substance to this I think. The thread in the leafs board was moved to the rumor topic. Don't jump off any bridges yet guys.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Saw it on the leafs board that nick kypreos was on the radio up there saying we are discussing a B Schenn for Gardiner or Franson deal.

God I hope not

There would have to be more than that coming back from Toronto for Schenn. Franson is a RFA and Gardiner has spent most of his time in the minors. I would take Franson over Gardiner plus either a good pick or a prospect.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Even if it just a questionable rumor, seeing this makes me sad. I have grown to hate the Leafs and helping them in any way makes me lose hair.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Holmgren should be open to acquiring a top notch defender, if that costs forwards so be it. I'm not crossing anybody off the list if it can make the D better. Franson isn't that guy though.

How many times does it need to be drilled into people's brains, that teams don't trade number 1 defenseman? You want one, you draft one.

PhillyWings

May 10, 2010
PA
Homer is waiting til B.Schenn signs a contract extension. Before pulling the trigger on any potential deal. :sarcasm:

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Saw it on the leafs board that nick kypreos was on the radio up there saying we are discussing a B Schenn for Gardiner or Franson deal.

God I hope not
There is no truth in that. There is no discussion concerning Brayden to the leafs for either Gardiner or Fransen. Nick just blowing smoke as usual. The Flyers may make a move but it will not include Brayden. The kid is a big part of the future. You heard it here first.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How many times does it need to be drilled into people's brains, that teams don't trade number 1 defenseman? You want one, you draft one.

We don't necessarily need a #1 defensemen in order for our defense to be better. We just need some better skater's & puck skills back there.

There are successful units in this league that don't have a bonafide #1 defender back there.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
We're not in a position to be making any moves really, not with the status of the team in question. Still need to see what direction they're heading in for the season.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
TBH, I wouldnt trade Schenn for Gardiner and Franson. They are good, but Brayden was the TOP prospect in the world and I would want to see him develop here in PHILLY

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I wouldn't do that trade... Melanby aint what he used to be. ;p

:laugh:

Also, if I was considering trading Schenn, I would look at Winnipeg. Evander Kane would look lovely here. He can give Giroux a top line left winger and also plays PK. It would allow the Jets to have better center depth as well. There has always been rumors about Kane in Winnipeg, and Schenn+ for him is a deal I wouldn't mind.

Like I said in the GDT, there isn't one player on Montreal that interests me besides the one thats not moving(PK) MaxPac has battled too many injuries.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Dreger saying if right deal available they will trade him !!!!

Get Holmer the **** out, giving up on another kid while still young !!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad