Injury Report: Brayden Schenn (no supplementary discipline to Wilson); Lecavalier update (12/19)

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
I know this is a typical Flyers fan saying this, but had that been Crosby destroyed into the boards, is there any chance Wilson walked away from that phone call without suspension?

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Player safety is going to continue to be an issue if the league insists on victim blaming to this level. Occasionally it's warranted, but we really need to move past this idea that "there was nothing he could do" type explanations when a guy is maneuvering along the boards. Time to instill in players to NOT blow a guy up when theres any doubt... i.e. potentially in a vulnerable position.

The bar is way too high based on this explanation

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
If you don't mind me asking, did you ever get diagnosis for the speech problems? Anomic aphasia maybe?

I got diagnosed with a concussion and pcs by Bryn mawr rehab, which has a concussion program. It didn't start until after my last concussion, which also showed some ocular nerve damage. I had vision and speech vestibular therapy for months. It's kinda better because I learned to talk slower so the pauses aren't so noticeable.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I got diagnosed with a concussion and pcs by Bryn mawr rehab, which has a concussion program. It didn't start until after my last concussion, which also showed some ocular nerve damage. I had vision and speech vestibular therapy for months. It's kinda better because I learned to talk slower so the pauses aren't so noticeable.

Thanks, just curious.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Well this wasn't yet diagnosed as a concussion outside of message board MDs so his only concussion as an NHL player happened two years ago during his first season as a Flyer.

Can't say I saw anything tonight to make me change my Armchair E-Brainosurgeon diagnosis. The perfect setup he watched come in, the completely failed to pull the trigger on, forcing him to try and recover after it hit his skate was alarming; I rag on him, but that was something he usually hits without issue. I really hope he doesn't get hit at all for a while.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If full speed charges like Wilson's keep happening an NHL player will be paralyzed.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Can't figure out how a guy like Wilson can take 8 strides and hit a player who is facing the boards and get nothing? Really? Isn't this the **** the League is trying to get rid of? It's great that Schenn wasn't seriously hurt but one turn the wrong way and it could have been very different. The bottom line is that Wilson never let up and should have seen that Schenn was vulnerable in the corner and Shanny should have sent the rookie a message.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The idiocy on the main boards discussing this topic is astounding. To be fair, it seems like it's mostly coming from Caps fans.

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
WOW...you have got to be kidding me. If he was killed on the play, would it warrant a suspension then? They are trying to get this type of hit out of the game to save players' lives and secondary, their careers.

Is it because Schenn is a Flyer?
Is it because we are the Broad Street Bullies?

It is my opinion that the league has lost any ounce of credibility it had.
If this had of happen to f ing Crosby, Wilson would of been suspended 25 f ing games.

If you see his numbers on the back of his jersey, you do not make the hit, is it any simpler than that.

Wilson was not suspended because of ??????????????????

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Can't figure out how a guy like Wilson can take 8 strides and hit a player who is facing the boards and get nothing? Really? Isn't this the **** the League is trying to get rid of? It's great that Schenn wasn't seriously hurt but one turn the wrong way and it could have been very different. The bottom line is that Wilson never let up and should have seen that Schenn was vulnerable in the corner and Shanny should have sent the rookie a message.

thats the thing that gets me. Wilson had plenty of time to change course. he came from the ******* nuetral zone and saw that Schenn was in a vulnerable position from quite a distance out. He had one thing on his mind. destruction.
boggles my mind how dumb and inconsistent Shanahan is. Thinking about, I really should not be shocked. its another addition to Shanahan's wheel of stupidity.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There are times when Shanahan pushes that "hitter responsibility" thingy the league has been trying to do since 2010, and then there are times when he decides everything goes. This isn't the first time it's happened.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Downie would probably bounce off of Wilson and would end up being injured.

Simmonds is the guy you send after Wilson.

Yeah, Wilson is like Lindros in terms of size, maybe a frame size down on the shoulders... except he does not have Crosby level skill like Lindros had (well, Crosby has Lindros level skill.)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Let Rosehill wipe him out and I'll donate to a fund to pay his lost wages for the 10-game suspension he would get for the exact same hit Shanahan said was OK for Wilson to lay on Schenn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad