Speculation: Brayden Schenn held out of practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
one of my favorite players in the league, would love to have him on the ducks despite our current situation

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Interesting, I feel like it would be a mistake to make any significant moves when you're on the kind of run they are. Curious to see if this is actually anything.

Reactions: Viqsi

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
He’s not going anywhere. That line is unstoppable right now, and they will not be messing with that chemistry.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
He’s probably sick. No idea why they would make a trade right now, especially a guy who’s part of the top line that is dominating other teams.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Blues aren't going to trade a valuable player during a winning streak when the West is wide open for making the playoffs.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah, makes total sense for the Blues to trade a core player in the midst of a franchise high 11 game winning stream and best record in the league since January.

Reactions: Punished ROR

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
Well if this end up being a trade, I guess it could be a major trade and not a sellout from the Blues.
Would it be possible that Blues would trade him along a prospect for a more offensive player ? Let's speculate, why wouldn't they move Schenn + a prospect or pick for Duchene, if of course they have an agreement for a long-term contract with Duchesne ?

(I prefer Schenn over Duchene but I believe this is not the case of everyone, some prefer a more dynamic player like Matt over Brayden.)

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
Yeah, makes total sense for the Blues to trade a core player in the midst of a franchise high 11 game winning stream and best record in the league since January.

I agree, however Schenn value is way much higher than 20 games ago, so if they were entertaining the idea of trading him, it's the best time.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Who would they trade for who would work as well as Schenn is with ROR and Tarasenko while keeping under the salary cap?

Either sick or a maintenance day. He's been playing a pretty heavy game since Jan 1 and the Blues are in the midst of a packed schedule right now. They have a few games in the bank to give key players a night off every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad