Player Discussion: Brayden Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
It's nearly 4 years later and I still can't believe it.

"This guy we have Brayden Point. I honestly believe he should be a legit 1st line center." Al Murray said, looking down at his notes.

"Hmmm...think we should trade up in the 1st to get him?" Yzerman Replied, with an inquisitive look on his face.

"Nah, lets just grab him in the 3rd, it will be fine. He will still be there." Murray deadpanned, causing Yzerman's Jedi persona to fade a little.

"You sure!?" He asked again. Murrays head started to turn slowly to gaze at Yzerman as if he was questioning his intelligence.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
People making the argument that he's carrying a bad team kind of overlook that it's easier to put up points when you are THE guy always thrust into every situation. Vinny had a really productive individual season when we were super crappy and just kept running him out there and letting him do his thing, then took a step back when we started playing more responsibly under Torts.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Point was outstanding last night! One of his best games ever, imho. 4 points, completely frustrating the Bergeron line and yes, finally growing a half way decent playoff beard. :laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Point was outstanding last night! One of his best games ever, imho. 4 points, completely frustrating the Bergeron line and yes, finally growing a half way decent playoff beard. :laugh:

Given the intensity of the game, and the importance of it, the stakes, I think we can go ahead and call that Point's best ever performance. He had a huge game when it really mattered.

Still shocking to me that this kid is in his first ever NHL post-season.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->