Player Discussion: Brayden Point - Part 3

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ugh, the more I look at that, the more a hip problem makes sense.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
f***ing hate how we cant ever be healthy for this tournament. Really annoying. We should just assume from here on out that we won't make it through the entire tournament without one or few of our top guys just not being there when we need them most. Frustrating as hell! I'm in real doubt whether or not we are gonna get out of this series. The tampa fan in me thinks it goes the distance only to be let down in game 7. Its what we are used to. Hate to be doom and gloom. Dont know how else to be when it feels like we are cursed!

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
f***ing hate how we cant ever be healthy for this tournament. Really annoying. We should just assume from here on out that we won't make it through the entire tournament without one or few of our top guys just not being there when we need them most. Frustrating as hell! I'm in real doubt whether or not we are gonna get out of this series. The tampa fan in me thinks it goes the distance only to be let down in game 7. Its what we are used to. Hate to be doom and gloom. Dont know how else to be when it feels like we are cursed!

Easy. Unless I missed something, we don't know if Point is even gonna miss tomorrow's game. He doesn't have to be at 100% to carry us in a game. We saw that in Game 4.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Easy. Unless I missed something, we don't know if Point is even gonna miss tomorrow's game. He doesn't have to be at 100% to carry us in a game. We saw that in Game 4.

I mean I get it injuries happen at this time of year and all teams have them but it's always our key guys who make a difference for us. Then its like ok we don't have him anymore so let's just not score any goals now. I feel like with Point that game last night doesn't get to 2nd ot. He's been involved in at least one goal for us that would have been the difference in regulation.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

This has been my mood all day. In the grand scheme of things, such a stupid thing to spend so much energy worrying about :laugh: but we're all way too invested at this point.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
If he’s had hip surgery and now his hip is an issue again, you have to wonder if this is something that will impact Pointers career.

I’m not suggesting that’s the case at all. But potentially a concern for more than just this cup run

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This has been my mood all day. In the grand scheme of things, such a stupid thing to spend so much energy worrying about :laugh: but we're all way too invested at this point.

When you get within a win you get excited so we're used to that high there but we're used to that fall right after that. That last loss is shaking us(or at least myself lol) to the core. Im thinking God damn it hope this isn't a repeat of the last few heartbreaks. This one potentially being worse. We haven't been outplayed very much at all in this series and I'm here worried about a comeback. Its definitely possible and that makes me nervous as hell. The biggest problem is that I know we are the better team but that doesnt always mean you win.

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
When you get within a win you get excited so we're used to that high there but we're used to that fall right after that. That last loss is shaking us(or at least myself lol) to the core. Im thinking God damn it hope this isn't a repeat of the last few heartbreaks. This one potentially being worse. We haven't been outplayed very much at all in this series and I'm here worried about a comeback. Its definitely possible and that makes me nervous as hell. The biggest problem is that I know we are the better team but that doesnt always mean you win.
Yeah I think this team is due an ECF win.. they have no more lessons to learn! Please in the name of the Hockey God let my team move on!

This one would be far the worst! You could make arguments that both Washington and Pittsburgh were the superior teams. I just don't think the NYI are in our own stratosphere.

Joanna

Jan 7, 2020
St. Petersburg
Good grief! They just made the Stanley Cup finals. No quitting or giving up. Positive thoughts. We are in a honored position. Be happy.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Good grief! They just made the Stanley Cup finals. No quitting or giving up. Positive thoughts. We are in a honored position. Be happy.

Hey I doubt I was the only one uncomfortable after that loss in game 5. Even tho we were the better team, it meant nothing. Especially how game 6 went to ot. Anything can happen at that point. With our recent history, easy to see why someone wouldn't comfortable with that situation.

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
Hopefully the fact the Point finished Game 6 and didn't seem to aggravate anything is a good sign, would be nice if he can improve as the SCF progresses.

Reactions: Discipline

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hopefully the fact the Point finished Game 6 and didn't seem to aggravate anything is a good sign, would be nice if he can improve as the SCF progresses.

He definitely slowed down as that game went on though.

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
Watching the game last night, I thought Point looked way better. I'm mainly talking about his ability to carry the puck (possession) and drive the net/create scoring opportunities. I thought overall he looked the best I've seen him since sustaining the injury in game 2 against the Isles. I remember watching him in game 4 and 6 against the Isles and you could 100% tell he was nursing something. Also he looked a little off in game 1 against Dallas.... Last night though, I thought he looked pretty good. I'm not saying he is healed up, we know that isn't the case, but I'm wondering if he is actually getting better. Anyways was just looking for other's opinions. Wasn't sure if my eyes deceived me.

Reactions: Peacefool

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Watching the game last night, I thought Point looked way better. I'm mainly talking about his ability to carry the puck (possession) and drive the net/create scoring opportunities. I thought overall he looked the best I've seen him since sustaining the injury in game 2 against the Isles. I remember watching him in game 4 and 6 against the Isles and you could 100% tell he was nursing something. Also he looked a little off in game 1 against Dallas.... Last night though, I thought he looked pretty good. I'm not saying he is healed up, we know that isn't the case, but I'm wondering if he is actually getting better. Anyways was just looking for other's opinions. Wasn't sure if my eyes deceived me.
I thought he looked a lot quicker than this in Game 4. His speed seemed to be almost there. Now it's not close.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Yeah last game he looked like 80% of Normal Point. Game 4 and 6 he was like 50-60%. Hopefully he gots better every day and next game he will be at least 90%of Point)

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
Coop dropped an interesting "We're slowly getting healthy" line in the postgame last night which I took to mean that Stammer is close and Point is on the mend. He has definitely looked better this series than G4/G6 in the ECF. Hopefully he continues to get stronger as the series progresses.

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
I thought he looked a lot quicker than this in Game 4. His speed seemed to be almost there. Now it's not close.
Confused by your message, your saying you think he looked worse last night than in game 4 vs the isles? If that is the case, wow are we viewing this different. I thought in isles series, after injury, he looked like a shell of himself.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Confused by your message, your saying you think he looked worse last night than in game 4 vs the isles? If that is the case, wow are we viewing this different. I thought in isles series, after injury, he looked like a shell of himself.

It's looked very different to me. When he came back in game 4, it looked like he was just about going flat out, then he got hurt again. In the 3 games he's played since then he looks much slower. I though last night was a bit better than Isles G6 or Dal G1 like he was playing faster, but couldn't finish his moves.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's looked very different to me. When he came back in game 4, it looked like he was just about going flat out, then he got hurt again. In the 3 games he's played since then he looks much slower. I though last night was a bit better than Isles G6 or Dal G1 like he was playing faster, but couldn't finish his moves.
This. He looked fast in Game 4 vs the Isles and wound up with a goal and an assist. He looked like he was in pain, but he was in attack mode and we haven't seen him that effective since. I think the second time he got injured worsened things.

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
Ah ok gotcha... yeah he was good but you could tell he was hurt in game 4. Last night though looked like he was getting back to normal. I didnt notice him showing any pain. I also thought he looked great carrying the puck. First line was finally gettng looks in the offensive zone. If point isn't going, they struggle.

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015
Pregame on nbc showed point with a trainer definitely doing some hip related stretches, with a large workout band. Hopefully he has found a routine to help him loosen up and minimize any pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad